Truck won't start, need suggestions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the pump is a complete unit,
The pump and the sender are typically sold separately. Photo below of sender with pump installed.

Attachments

• IMG_4214.jpeg
    IMG_4214.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 7

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an aftermarket inline fuel pressure gauge? or do i have to piece it together myself?

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you confirmed pump/sender failure? It could be as simple as the ground wire to frame with a bad connection.
IMO, if you need to replace, go with the best available parts. Not something you want to do again in a couple months.

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an aftermarket inline fuel pressure gauge? or do i have to piece it together myself?
Here's where you can get the parts, minus a 90° Street Elbow. They're proud of their products but, there's not a lot of vendors around anymore.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you confirmed pump/sender failure? It could be as simple as the ground wire to frame with a bad connection.
IMO, if you need to replace, go with the best available parts. Not something you want to do again in a couple months.
i have not. that is the next step i suppose. Do you know where that ground is? is it accessible without dropping the tank or lifting the bed?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have not. that is the next step i suppose. Do you know where that ground is? is it accessible without dropping the tank or lifting the bed?
If you look in at frame from drivers side rear wheel. On top of frame is a black wire grounded to frame. Clean up that connection REAL good. That ground can be seen in this photo. The connection(circled) that you see is also where you can test your fuel pump.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And to
If you look in at frame from drivers side rear wheel. On top of frame is a black wire grounded to frame. Clean up that connection REAL good. That ground can be seen in this photo. The connection that you see is also where you can test your fuel pump.

And to provide supporting FSM documentation for @Caman96's descriptive photo, the Factory Service Manual
refers to this specific ground as G404. And here's the implementation drawing:

The better this ground is, the less guessing about why the fuel system is underperforming. Make it so! :0)

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:33:
And to

And to provide supporting FSM documentation for @Caman96's descriptive photo, the Factory Service Manual
refers to this specific ground as G404. And here's the implementation drawing:

The better this ground is, the less guessing about why the fuel system is underperforming. Make it so! :0)

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks gents! hopefully i can get to that plug and check for voltage. any idea which wire is what? i seem to remember on a video i was watching that the black is hot?

i have the hanes manual, so hopefully i can id them with that.