truck will not start...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheClev.z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
96 1500. It will crank and turn over and act like it wants to start but wont and while cranking you will get a thunk sound every once in a while... fuel pump and filter are fairly new, and engine has about 14 thousand on it. My wife was driving it said there was a loud noise and it quit working. it was low on coolant, wasn't overheated that I could tell. has a new rotor. I have no idea what it is or could be till I have time to take it apart but any opinions are encouraged!!

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure the dizzy is turning with the cap off while your cranking it mine acted the same and that was the problem the dizzy was shimmed wrong it was completely stripped lol

Vortec powered iphone:D

TheClev.z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its not a fuel and or air issue... starting fluid wouldn't get it running.. and I'll have to take it apart this weekend and check the dizzy.. it got tore up about a year ago but when that happened I would get some backfire when cranking and I'm not getting that now so i guess I'll take it all apart and figure it out somehow

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Learning to check for spark, and testing actual fuel pressure, will get you a long way in troubleshooting no-start conditions. Pretty basic stuff and easy to do. The tools to do it can be had cheap too.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard