Truck stalling, not starting and sputtering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unless you got a whole lot of water in your gas, hopefully not but about 6 month;s ago around here a whole bunch of people were stranded at a filling station in Conway because they had all just gotten gas there, amd it was full of water, they all had to be towed away, I have heard there are multiple lawsuits in the work's over that one.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok..... so I still havent felt up to trouble shooting this issue, but I did try to start it when I went out to smoke this morning, and it started not once but twice and ran for the entire duration of my smoke. Id guess thats about 5 minutes

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
ok..... so I still havent felt up to trouble shooting this issue, but I did try to start it when I went out to smoke this morning, and it started not once but twice and ran for the entire duration of my smoke. Id guess thats about 5 minutes

Hmmm, now thats odd.

Whens the last time you changed the Cap/Rotor?

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May have to re-change the fuel pump. Mine was doing similar things but my pump would always work if it was cold, just not once it got warm.

Water is also a good possibility, I'd add a couple more bottles of heat to try and soak any moisture.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm, now thats odd.

Whens the last time you changed the Cap/Rotor?

new cap and rotor when I replaced the motor... novemberish

May have to re-change the fuel pump. Mine was doing similar things but my pump would always work if it was cold, just not once it got warm.

Water is also a good possibility, I'd add a couple more bottles of heat to try and soak any moisture.

Yeah I had the same thoughts.

Sepiroth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sully, i hope you diagnose what is wrong with your truck before you start reaplcing parts. I would hate to see another thread where someone replaced a,b,c,d,e,f,g part and their truck is still fuggin up...

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on trouble shooting first, but I have a new fuel pump and filter sitting in the box on the shelves of my garage. I also have a new set of spider injectors. I just kinda have them in my spare parts pile. I also have a mustang tb but no mustang.... not sure how that happened. This is mostly thinking outloud.

NEHoss24

Reaction score
sully I am having an identical problem with one of my kids 94 gmc it is definitely related to the wires in the fuse block on the fire wall but it seems whenever we we bring it in it will not duplicate problem. Fuel pump does not energize when it (not starting)happens. My questions I am trying to answer are what determines power to fuel pump? The truck will start if the wires behind plastic panel are shaken. All wires have been checked and show no signs of wear etc. Seems to duplicate easier when cold. Fuel pump and sending unit new with good ground

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
drove my truck today.... other than dumping some meth in the tank, I havent done a damn thing. It ran fine. Trucks new name is Christine