Truck shakes bad over 60mph?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 81 and the problem was a separation in the tire. Might mot be your problem but definitely worth a look. The truck would shake so bad I thought the front end would come out from under it

Sent while pulling out a Ford
Was your shake a consistent one? Or comes and goes?

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Good night I bet that scared the hell out of you:Pshyco:
It did but I was just glad it was the tire and not something worse. If yours is anything like that, I'd check all the tires. It was my front passenger side but it could probably be any of them

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It did but I was just glad it was the tire and not something worse. If yours is anything like that, I'd check all the tires. It was my front passenger side but it could probably be any of them

I rotated them a few weeks ago but didn't think to check, but yeah man glad everyone was okay and I'll be sure to check. Times ticking for me though I won't have much time to tinker this fall.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
I rotated them a few weeks ago but didn't think to check, but yeah man glad everyone was okay and I'll be sure to check. Times ticking for me though I won't have much time to tinker this fall.
Did you get a chance to check the balance on the tires?

Sent from my LeapFrog

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you get a chance to check the balance on the tires?

Sent from my LeapFrog
Naw sir I've been reluctant to because it seems to be less frequent now after a tune up and after having to take the interstate now I can pattern it. It usually comes when it's between gears and when the motor is hot i.e. Only in the afternoons and not the morning

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well today on the way home the shake got worse and lasted for miles. Finally it gave shudder and the parking brake light came on followed but a very noticeable loss in power. I made it home and checked and nothing happen with the brakes, only the light came on. I'm too mentally tired of it to go out and mess with it.

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the vacuum hose for the brake booster, only way I could see those two being related.