Truck Runs for a couple minutes, then Dies. WTF!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Damn sounds like running around in circles to find a problem, hopefully you get it worked out.

yea I cant trust any of these aftermarket parts, its sad.

So much for quality control!

yep, this truck has givin me the worst problems with aftermarket parts. I cant wait to get it running so I can sell it.

Last edited:

J4k3

Reaction score
I was feeling down about the aftermarket part situation (I can't manage to buy a thermostat that isn't total shyte from any of the local brick-n-mortar places) then I discovered how cheap AC Delco pro-line parts are on Amazon. Only downside to that is not racking up those O'Rewards points so I get a discount on more trash parts. O'well!

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Yea I had a thermostat fail on this truck as well. I didnt know "Fail Safe" meant guaranteed to fail open asap

anyways, O'reilys tried to get me to buy a new distributor, I wouldnt do it. This is the 2nd time they have given me garbage parts for this truck (alternator didnt last a month before bearing took a ****) and I knew they didnt have another one of the garbage distributors I was exchanging...... so I found a Complete Distributor complete with brass Cap and Rotor for the same price on rock auto, claims to be 100% computer tested for longevity. I ordered that, should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Thanks, the way things are going, Im Gonna Need all the Luck I Can get!!

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Jesus. Yep, another "new" part that's dead right out of the box. It's not the trucks that are bad, it's the aftermarket support. Like it's a conspiracy to get us to buy new vehicles. As much as I hate carbs I foresee myself having to move to them simply because how can someone f up points and vacuum advance?

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Best looking distributor I have seen yet for these trucks, Definitely looked well made....... but does it run?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

She Runs! My hopes aren't up yet, because the other one ran for an hour before self destructing.

Last edited: