New diesel owner 95 gmt-400 starts runs for about 10-15 seconds dies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

damnitrun

Reaction score
So I just pick up a 95 gmt-400 k2500. When I started looking at it, it wasn't starting did some digging and change fuel filter and drain the tank of old gas. Fought around priming the damn thing for a bit. Got it running. Ran it around the area for a bit and let sit for a few week. Yesterday I started it idle fine, walked away about min or so dead. Turn it over again. She fired up after a few cranks and ran for about half a min died. Prime the fuel filter cranks it for a bit start runs for 10-25sec dies. Did that a few times till the battery's got low. Is this airlock or something else.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your grounds at the passenger side rear of the intake. My 95 did the exact same thing couple years ago. Both my grounds where hanging on by a couple threads of wire. But as said check your fuel lines and lift pump. It does sound like you are getting air in the system. Easiest way to check for air in the line is to put a piece of clear line on the return from the injection pump. Start it and look for bubbles. It may have a few right after the line is installed but those should clear quickly. if you still have bubbles after 10 seconds your pulling in air somewhere.