Truck Runs for a couple minutes, then Dies. WTF!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Im not getting spark. I already checked before and after I replaced the coil.

I have feeling I replaced one problem with another with that crap aftermarket distributor.

I found this link http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm/4.3L-5.0L-5.7L/distributor-mounted-icm-tests-1

Im gonna follow it, see if I can track down the issue.
Well, here's a bunch of related schematics and troubleshooting B.S. for you and hopefully others to sift through.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
thanks for the Info, hopefully others see it too!

I followed that Link I provided, It says with a test light flashing on and off on the white wire and no spark to the coil, that the Coil is bad, So Im heading back to the ChinaZone to get another Coil.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Auto zone benched tested the Coil, and the primary side was a little high, so they gave me another coil, I installed it..... nothing. I benched tested the Accel coil at home, seems fine to me according to the parameters I need to meet.

I was reading the manual posted above, and the knock sensor connector is thrashed and really dirty, would this cause a no spark condition? it did run at one time before it began this no start condition

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Look at "Ignition System EST 6-7" from my first information dump post and follow the no spark troubleshooting hints. I quickly glanced through it and didn't see any connection between the knock sensor & a no spark condition.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Thanks Derek For helping out!!

Ok so for anyone left Lurking, I misread the diagnostic link I posted, when the light is attached to the control wire (white) its suppose to pulse on and off...... it doesent do that, I even waited and ordered one of those little lights he suggested to use over the test light. the light simply came on when I connected it and turned off while cranking the motor and never really turned on afterwards. So I popped the distributor cap and pulled the pickup coil conector and tested the pickup coil for voltage it never comes close to 1.8 Volts..... either way I ordered the Distributor as a whole Im pretty sure ive excluded the Ignition Coil, Off to O'reilys for another distributor.