Troubleshooting Vehicle Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I cannot seem to get my horn to work. Fuses and connections are good. Not sure if it is the wire behind the airbag causing the issue or not. Anyone have any advice where to look next?

Last edited:

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
run direct power to the horn to see if it works, or check for power at the horn

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Alright I took the airbag off and direct grounded the hole for the horn to a ground. I get a click underneath the hood as if it has power but the horn itself isn't working. I put the airbag back on and then I don't even get the clicking noise anymore when I push it. I really need a horn (I live in a tourist area; lots of idiots driving around) please help me out guys...

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Did you do like towman said and run a wire directly to the horn to make sure it works? I'm not sure but isn't there a horn relay? If so that might be bad.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Yeah I replaced the relay itself and checked the fuses. I can't seem to understand why two different horns would both not work. I did not however run direct power to both the horns themselves due to needing to remove the grill to reach it.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
If your relay clicks, the fuse isnt broken or bad, and you have power to the connector, I think its safe to say your horn is bad.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Both of them? Seems odd two horns would go at once. But then again why can I not get it to click once I put the airbag back on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf