1994 K1500 horn wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello yall, I'm going to be wiring up a starter kill switch for my truck in a couple days. Going to wire it so the switch being flipped one way will allow it to start and the other way triggers the horn when the key is turned.

I've looked all over the place and cannot find where to tap into the horn wire. Where is this wire located under the dash? Is it at a connector panel or something or does it route in a loom somewhere?

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I found everything I needed and thought that this schematic would work for a starter kill switch. Theres a picture on here of how I did it.

The issue is it's not doing at all what I want it to lol. When I flip the switch one way with the ignition on it just beeps the horn and the other way it runs the starter and starts the truck. I dont want it to actually run them I want it to run them with the key when Im trying to crank, so either the starter goes off or the horn does if its flipped the other way. Any advice?

You must be registered for see images attach

I used a regular On/Off/On switch instead of the one he had.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks, and the reason why it was just powering the horn and starter is because i just used a quick splice, spliced into the ignition and starter wires and then brought it to the switch. so instead of turning off the starter it was literally jsut powering it. I think to make it work id need to cut the wires and bring in wires to a switch to make the new wire "part of the circuit" to be able to turn it on and off

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might help.
You must be registered for see images attach
thanks, yeah the purple and pink ones are the ones ive been using. i just need to actually cut the wires and put the switch inbetween the 2 ends so it works lol.

because as i said before i originally just spliced a wire into the starter wire so literally flipping the switch would start the truck because it was still going thru the original wire. dumb mistake