Adding to under hood fuse block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paytonsturm

Reaction score
Has anyone ever added to the under hood fuse block? Looking to add some more fuses and relays to power stuff, looking for any advice or pointers, such as what exactly is needed? Cause you use just the female connectors and place them where they are needed? Or is there a more specific connector that they need to make a good and tight connection to the fuses and relays?
You must be registered for see images attach

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to get some of the pins myself. I will pull one in a few hours and send a picture of it. None of those in your picture will work I don’t think. I’m also not sure if the fuse box pins have changed throughout any years or if yours will be the same as mine.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on which fuses/relays you want to add you will need to get certain connectors and they just pop into place after removing the white clip from that section.
Both of these are needed for small fuses:

big fuses:

Relays:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Tang-less Aptiv (formerly Delphi) MetriPack 280 for the relay terminals, tanged 280 for the fuses. Mouser stocks most of them for various conductor sizes. The maxi fuse terminals are MP800 if I remember right (don't quote me on that as I'm no longer 100% sure lol). And get the proper crimper for the terminals, you'll be glad you did.

And don't use that stuff from the Amazon image you posted. That will not work at all on the factory fuse panels.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to add some more fuses and relays to power stuff, looking for any advice or pointers, such as what exactly is needed?
Here's a deal where you can add 6 fuses and relays. I know it's on a TBI truck but you can find a place near your fuse block and feed it from your battery cable.