Tristan's 1994 z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
I'm going job hunting today, and it seems clear that I need to be working at a Chevy dealership [emoji33]

It sucks dude. Currently doing OJT at a GM dealership and we can't even access/pull up the vin information for my truck (a 96') here. Sucks ass when all you want to do is look up some RPO codes and check service history.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Brave oooooorrrrrrr? Lol

it holds the 40's very stout. I dont mud the piss out of it like I used to, I put 250 miles on this truck a week with no front end problems as well as rear end problems. I dont dog on it and try to race everybody I see. I dont feel like dropping 900$ on having a 14 bolt FF axle built at the moment.. Not to mention I would have to swap the axle shafts since I just dropped almost 2k on wheels and tires that are 6 lug and 99% of the 14 bolts around my area are 8 lug. It takes time as money, which you can tell according to how slow of a build this has been. Im 19. I dont have an extreme paying job at my age. Thats why its a build

10 bolt AND IFS. I dunno how I was breaking stuff with 33s and he is fine with 40s haha

I never said I was fine lol. I cant complain, Third set of ball joints in 21 years
You must be registered for see images attach

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
It sucks dude. Currently doing OJT at a GM dealership and we can't even access/pull up the vin information for my truck (a 96') here. Sucks ass when all you want to do is look up some RPO codes and check service history.

strange... Do you guys not have All-data? I was able to pull my vin and look at everything from recalls to how much fluids and fluid types and everything imaginable

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
strange... Do you guys not have All-data? I was able to pull my vin and look at everything from recalls to how much fluids and fluid types and everything imaginable

guess I know what I'm doing at work tomorrow..... never thought about searching mine :hmm:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
it holds the 40's very stout. I dont mud the piss out of it like I used to, I put 250 miles on this truck a week with no front end problems as well as rear end problems. I dont dog on it and try to race everybody I see. I dont feel like dropping 900$ on having a 14 bolt FF axle built at the moment.. Not to mention I would have to swap the axle shafts since I just dropped almost 2k on wheels and tires that are 6 lug and 99% of the 14 bolts around my area are 8 lug. It takes time as money, which you can tell according to how slow of a build this has been. Im 19. I dont have an extreme paying job at my age. Thats why its a build

I never said I was fine lol. I cant complain, Third set of ball joints in 21 years
You must be registered for see images attach
No need to get all defensive. I'm 20 so the age thing, moot point. Fact is that drive train will not hold 40s for long.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score

We use GlobalConnect or some and Mitchell Pro. I can look it up on Mitchell Pro, but not on the official GM software (like what they use to check cars in and write them up on work orders).

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
We use GlobalConnect or some and Mitchell Pro. I can look it up on Mitchell Pro, but not on the official GM software (like what they use to check cars in and write them up on work orders).

We have GM global connect too, we used to have Mitchell in my HS autos class but I think it was rather out dated cause that stuff sucked!

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
We have GM global connect too, we used to have Mitchell in my HS autos class but I think it was rather out dated cause that stuff sucked!

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

Mitchell ProDemand or the older Mitchell stuff? I guess the other thing we use is SI. Pretty sure that's part of Global Connect though.