Tristan's 1994 z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im in love with your truck. thing is sexy as hell really nice job so far

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Got bored with the tow mirrors. I dont know if I like them..

and no My truck doesnt have that stupid cali lean. The rear end is flexing lol

You must be registered for see images attach

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
all white or all black imo

Im not too crazy about the cherry red anymore. But at the same time, I REALLY dont want to take the lift kit back apart to repaint everything white..

I'm aiming to have a second truck by the end of the year. Only problem is I daily driver this so it's hard to do any major work to it.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Amazing! How are you liking the adaptors? Any trouble with them, I've never really heard anything about decent them.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Amazing! How are you liking the adaptors? Any trouble with them, I've never really heard anything about decent them.

they're alright. The recessed hex screws are terrible quality though. I managed to strip a few of them.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
You guys know im pretty good about updating the build. So here goes nothing :********:

I was running 35x12.5r18 toyo MT's on moto metal's with 8 lug adapters. It was a decent setup, but I hated the adapters, hated them. They worked fine, but If I ever had to change my brakes or rotors, I had to take the 8 lugs off, then the 6 recessed screws off, and then the original 6 lugs off. So my truck was basically an 20 lug.

yea. Talk about a pain in the d**k..

Not to mention I stripped many of the recessed hex screws, resulting in me being SOL if my wheel hub or rotors went bad. :nono:

Ive always been a sucker for CraigsList. I was browsing around it two weeks ago and found a STEAL of a deal. FOUR Toyo MT's 40x15.5r20's with 50% tread for 200 Dollars. A price I could not turn down. Why so cheap? Because the guy wanted to downsize to 38's and fast..

Needless to say, they were in the bed of my truck a week later leaving the shop. Lol.

I purchased some 20x14 Fuel Hostages (6 lug :cheers:) -76mm. I couldnt decide on chrome or black, so I just went back. Chrome is nice, But not polishing.

I had my truck re-geared about a month ago to 4.56, and it pulls them pretty well. I also changed my dash lights to blue. 6$ on ebay for LED's not bad if you ask me :rice:

Opinion welcome. Im glad I am still able to add on to the build thread.

'

Gotta love a good looking throwback to my 8th grade year, I was 14 in the pic. I turn 20 in February. Time sure does fly.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Welcome back. Truck looks great, but it doesn't look like you can take a speed bump without trashing your fenders haha

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Welcome back. Truck looks great, but it doesn't look like you can take a speed bump without trashing your fenders haha

Thanks man. And surprisingly it doesnt rub no where near as bad as I thought. It only rubs at full cut, and I have not even trimmed the rear area of the front fender. Only the front bumper