Trans Mount Bad????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I was under the truck this weekend and noticed that I could see The Ruber portion of the tranny mount looks like it has a whole at both corners. Is this normal on a stock mount???? and if not how hard is it to change with the tranny still in the truck.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pretty sure it's normal.

easy to change just need a jack, put it under the trans and jack it up, remove the bottom bolt first if you want or bolts/nuts, then once up and pressure off you can remove the bolts on the trans side. Jack it up and remove it. The bolt removal order can be changed and do whatever you want.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you think it is better to go with the performance mounts for 50 or the reg mount for 14???? does it make that big a diff.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe if you are racing or doing like neutral drops, revving it up and dumping the clutch or revving it up and dropping it into gear(auto) might make it last longer.

If you change the trans to polyurethane the mount mounts need changed to match, so IMO stick with stock.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didnt think about the m.m. I guess its a stock swap for me just trying to get this damn thing to not slam anymore. Thanks for the fast resp.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
salms into gear? if the mount doesn't work and you know it's twisting and moving it might be the motor mounts, but another area is the u joints, then can clank hard in gear when they are going bad or whatever. I also hear the bushing in the tailhousing can do the same. Not sure on t-cases if they have one or not though.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I got the truck the u joints was myfirst guess too, My uncle has a driveline shop we changed all of the u's new steel drive shaft new yoke. and its still their. rear end looks perfect. Last night I was under the truck and did notice if I grab the front drive line I can turn it and stop I hear a small clank coming from the transfer case dont know if this is normal??? Also I know we didnt check or change the oil in the front diff Could this be the problem????

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
[ bushing in the tailhousing can do the same. Not sure on t-cases if they have one or not though. /QUOTE]
on the tail shaft???? bushing's can you explain more PlEASE if you look at transfer cases you'll see the new problem I have discovered.Thanks

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wiorn bushing the the end of the tailshaft of the trans can cause a clank but for a 4x4 it'd be in the t-case and I'm not sure but I would guess they have abushing in them as well if so it can be that, might be one for the front too. if not maybe it's a bearing for the front. You should drain and change the oil in both diffs. as well as you would the oil and trans fluid etc. it's just normal maintainence, if it hasn't been done already, do it.