EBL-flash and 4L60E control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, to get it perfect you need a Dyno or good data from EFILive/HPTuners to observe your HP curve. You want to stay in the highest part of the hp band when you grab that next gear. Depending on the transmission, you may fall back prior to peak torque. But torque isn't the name of the game with a WOT upshift, HP is.

Put another way: if you know you're going to lose 2000 RPM on a given upshift, you select your upshift points so that when you grab the next gear, you're at the bottom of the upper 2000 RPM that gives the most average HP.
It's torque that pulls not horsepower.

Reaction score
I did this a while back on my 94. I used the factory pcm and an EBL flash. With instructions from Bob, I re-pinned some of the wires to new connectors for the EBL and had it done in a few hours. I don’t remember all the details as it was about ten years ago, but I remember that it wasn’t that hard and it worked great.
Thanks for the response, If you remember any other details about the conversion. please let me know.
how long did you use your truck with the duel computer setup?

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, If you remember any other details about the conversion. please let me know.
how long did you use your truck with the duel computer setup?
I will let you know if I remember anything else.
I used it for a couple of years before I sold it to a friend who is still driving it.

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tbi computer needs to see engine temp so it will engage lockup,.and it needs to read map sensor for part throttle shifts