train horns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I just don't know a low cost easy way to get an air supply, I thought maybe a 12V tire inflator with an air tank.....:think:

Sent from the frito crumb covered Android via Tapatalk 2

one of my friends had a truck a few years ago that he just mounted a portable air tank in, aired it up ever so often and had horns on the cheap. he used a truck horn and then used like one of those harbor freight type kits for the switches and solenoids. cheap enough

Sent from my static android

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
one of my friends had a truck a few years ago that he just mounted a portable air tank in, aired it up ever so often and had horns on the cheap. he used a truck horn and then used like one of those harbor freight type kits for the switches and solenoids. cheap enough

I've considered that too since I could just air it up at the shop

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I've considered that too since I could just air it up at the shop

yeah he would go a pretty long time in between fillings.... I mean how often you gonna be tootin that loud a$$ horn.... well unless your like me and just wanna scare the shiat out of everyone :evil:

frito-bandito

Reaction score
yeah he would go a pretty long time in between fillings.... I mean how often you gonna be tootin that loud a$$ horn.... well unless your like me and just wanna scare the shiat out of everyone :evil:

Yep that's me, and I blow the horn at people in front of me who don't use turn signals (when they actually turn, not lane changes) and idiots that cut me off :nono: I may have a slight case of road rage.....

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Actually he has a line on some york engine driven compressors from semis

Sent from the 'Ho Train powered by Detroit Diesel

Has to be from old semis, the last york compressors I seen was on my 81 F150