Towing.... Stuff.... A long way.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was using the Torque app but mine was flaky. I bought a ScanGauge II and it is rock-solid. Not as fancy as the Torque app, but it gives me instant/avg MPG and transmission temp.

mpyusko

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was using the Torque app but mine was flaky. I bought a ScanGauge II and it is rock-solid. Not as fancy as the Torque app, but it gives me instant/avg MPG and transmission temp.

I was thinking of getting DashCommand, but I can't test for all the features I need with the free version and it's a very expensive app.

mpyusko

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torque works great imo
I agree but it doesn't show my transmission temp or any transmission info. The ECM depends on the TCM for a great deal of information. For example, it backs off power during shifts so it doesn't snap your drivetrian when it comes back into gear. That is one reason why these trucks shift like glass.

Sent from my DROID Maxx using Tapatalk

mpyusko

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anyone in that area that knows a better route?

mpyusko

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
4.10's if they're factory.
You are correct. My jeep came with 4.11s in the rear and 4.10s in the front.

I made myself a full build sheet off the RPO codes.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree but it doesn't show my transmission temp or any transmission info. The ECM depends on the TCM for a great deal of information. For example, it backs off power during shifts so it doesn't snap your drivetrian when it comes back into gear. That is one reason why these trucks shift like glass.

It can. I think you need to enable something in settings though. Like a module or something. I forget exactly but it says something like "gm pid". I will take a look and post if if van find it again. That's what I did and when I enabled it I was able to see my trans temp and what gear it's in.

Edit: found it,

You go to settings, click on manage extra pids/sensors, then hit the menu button in your phone and select add predefined set, then select the one that says GM Pontiac Vauxhall.

Once that opens you will see a list of extra stuff. Then you can find the trans fluid temp and such.

mpyusko

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It can. I think you need to enable something in settings though. Like a module or something. I forget exactly but it says something like "gm pid". I will take a look and post if if van find it again. That's what I did and when I enabled it I was able to see my trans temp and what gear it's in.

Edit: found it,

You go to settings, click on manage extra pids/sensors, then hit the menu button in your phone and select add predefined set, then select the one that says GM Pontiac Vauxhall.

Once that opens you will see a list of extra stuff. Then you can find the trans fluid temp and such.
SWEET!!! Thank you so much! Now I feel bad because I emailed Ian to ask him if it he could add it.

mpyusko

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
SWEET!!! Thank you so much! Now I feel bad because I emailed Ian to ask him if it he could add it.

Well I tried adding it, but it seems that PID doesn't have data. Unless there is something else I'm missing?