TOW RIG OVERHAUL! 2nd time... diesel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Congrats man. I'm always looking for a few minutes to wrench on my project during nap times. You're right, it's different, but there's nothing like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thank you for the thought. lol. my brain has not been running 100% lately. I've been a lack of sleep because I just became a father 3 weeks ago of a little baby boy and sleep doesn't come easy now. I run on about 35-65% charge now haha.

I don't care to do a 4x4 swap really. I want to build a serious hauler. a pavement pounder more or less. 4x4 just means more parts to break for me...

I will agree 100%!!! that is very close to what i'm thinking in my head. few differences though
Congrats on being a Dad. Once you have a kid you spend the rest of your life with your heart outside of your body, trust me.

Van Gui1d3r #838

Free Thinker
Reaction score
Congrats on the baby. You're a brave man tackling this project with a brand new baby lol.

I know... I was told not to but this is what I do. and I have a possible future mechanic/engineer to teach haha

Congrats man. I'm always looking for a few minutes to wrench on my project during nap times. You're right, it's different, but there's nothing like it.

thank you. yea this weekend is looking that way... the truck didn't start yesterday... seems the starter wasn't getting enough juice or its bad... so i'll have to learn the "checks and balances" of fatherhood starting tomorrow. I've been playing computer mechanic since he was born to keep the grease off the baby blankets haha.

Van Gui1d3r #838

Free Thinker
Reaction score
Congrats on being a Dad. Once you have a kid you spend the rest of your life with your heart outside of your body, trust me.

I wouldn't disagree at all. this little guy has got me acting 180 degrees off of my usual. i'm still adapting the best I can.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thank you. yea this weekend is looking that way... the truck didn't start yesterday... seems the starter wasn't getting enough juice or its bad... so i'll have to learn the "checks and balances" of fatherhood starting tomorrow. I've been playing computer mechanic since he was born to keep the grease off the baby blankets haha.

Yep I do it too. I have a pile of parts accumulating for when I get some more time. Sometimes it get so big I can't get through it all so it gets put off until the next time.

Van Gui1d3r #838

Free Thinker
Reaction score
Yep I do it too. I have a pile of parts accumulating for when I get some more time. Sometimes it get so big I can't get through it all so it gets put off until the next time.

that's what i'd like to do with this truck build, whenever I can't "work" on it, I want to be stashing and accumulating parts to proceed when I get the time.