Torsion Bar / Lift Key answer thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are bars all the same size on regular cab and extended cabs? Are they universal for 88-98 and on all makes (yukons, suburbans, etc)

Does anyone have a pic of 1500, 2500, and 3500 bars next to one another to see the difference?

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Are bars all the same size on regular cab and extended cabs? Are they universal for 88-98 and on all makes (yukons, suburbans, etc)

Does anyone have a pic of 1500, 2500, and 3500 bars next to one another to see the difference?

I'm not sure about the extended cab vs regular cab but I know you can use torsion bars from trucks all the way to the mid 2000's. I don't have a pic but I swapped 3/4 ton bars into mine and they were a quarter inch thicker and weighed a lot more. They improved my ride quality a bunch up front

Reaction score
sorry to hijack an old thread.. but i cranked the bars 2" in my truck and just ordered some 2 inch blocks and i was wondering if you had 2 or 3 inch blocks in yours hunter? I'm just curious what it'll sit like