Thrush Glasspacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright guys I'm new to the sight but I have a question. Right now I have a 2 inlet 2 outlet MagnaFlow muffler on. I'm wanting to run true dual with glasspacks. I know everybody has there opinion and if you get the right ones in my opinion glasspacks can sound good deep an throaty. Which is what I want. That's why I was asking if anybody had tried the 20 inch casing 25 inch total thrush glasspack. I have the 5.7 Chevy 350 and am hoping to run two if these glasspacks. Any glasspack info would be nice but I'm pretty much stuck on thrush because of how deep they get. Thanks again

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Whatever glasspack you run, make sure it's a perforated tube, not a punched louver style. I prefer a race bullet over a glasspack, but that's just me. It has a more "raw" sound if you will. 20" should be plenty to keep it deep. Make sure the red paint is ground off completely an inch or so past the weld point before they are welded on if you run thrush. I've seen a bunch of them literally fall off because the weld was contaminated due to the shop or welders trash job.

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have headers and glass packs under the seats with flex pipe (NOT RECOMMENDED PIPE) and it has a tone I like personally but it will be much better with normal exhaust piping if you want true duels this is the way to go on a TBI motor

ditch the cats it sounds better if they go bad =)

Project Mean Green

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha yeah it's in the future to ditch them. And because they are bad to weld on I plan on using a clamp. Only prob is I have 2.25 inlet and 2.5 outlet an the gas pack is 2 inlet and outlet. Will I have to weld an adaptor on?

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't go less then 2.5" personally. Like mentioned, it will create a bottle neck and will add unwanted turbulence in the exhaust flow.