The Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think you actually need more front drop than rear. Is this 2wd or 4wd? No sig on my phone.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
2wd. The front does seem a bit higher, maybe an inch or so. It's hard to tell if it's level, or just slightly higher. I need to go out and actually measure.

I don't want to go much lower, maybe 3" front and 2" rear. Just enough to bring the COG a little lower, and make the wheels wells a little less empty.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
You’re alive! Yukon is looking great.

Thanks man. I'm working on lightly wetsanding the clear to get rid of the orange peel. I do a small panel every couple days. I'm taking my time and being careful. So far, the difference is amazing to see in person.

Also, I put the smaller pulley on the whipple a week ago. I'm taking it easy, not really going above 3500 RPM much because it still has 226k on the original motor and I don't want it to blow up on me. Still, it doesn't burn oil, runs well, and doesn't have any abnormal noises.

Crappy phone video but you can still hear it.....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man. I'm working on lightly wetsanding the clear to get rid of the orange peel. I do a small panel every couple days. I'm taking my time and being careful. So far, the difference is amazing to see in person.

Also, I put the smaller pulley on the whipple a week ago. I'm taking it easy, not really going above 3500 RPM much because it still has 226k on the original motor and I don't want it to blow up on me. Still, it doesn't burn oil, runs well, and doesn't have any abnormal noises.

Crappy phone video but you can still hear it.....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sounds like sex. I’ve got a D-1SC on my daily driver Charger and for the first month after I bought it could hear the whistle in my sleep.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Picked up this bad boy last week. Ingersoll Rand 80-gallon compressor. I had it laying down in the back of the truck with the seats folded down. It leaked a little oil on the carpet that I had to clean up. A friend of mine helped me unload it. This thing is HEAVY! I still need to get a 220v circuit wired in the garage, and then I'm good to go. This is going to be fun. I have some painting projects on the truck (and my car) that I want to get done. I'm also thinking about using it with a stone-polisher I also got from the same guy to polish the concrete in my garage. Pictures will follow.

Found it on CL. It was a tile and countertop shop that the owner was retiring and selling everything. Got a great deal on it, and it looks almost like new after I cleaned it up a bit.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
What's happening everyone! I'm back! :cool:

Let's see. In the last three years I got a job working in the operating room as a nurse, bought a house, and then all my fun money went towards projects and remodeling for that. Also, I had a slight fender bender in the rain when I was moving, so the Yukon sat for the better part of three years, but don't worry, it's up and on the way now.

I bought a 96 Yukon 4wd as a beater. It wouldn't start, so I replaced the ICM, and it hasn't had a problem since. So the 95 is getting garaged, and turned into a fun/hobby/show truck. No longer a daily driver or workhorse.

I recently got some paint correction and ceramic coating done, before taking it to a show last month. Here are some pics from before I left.