The Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Haven't done much to it recently, just driving it. Been too busy, and still don't really have a good place to work on it. Lots of plans, and I'm making some progress towards those right now.

Still have a ton of parts around for it, and a lot of them are hard to find, which is why they're still sitting around. I snagged them up when I found them, but didn't really have the time to actually put them on at that moment, I just knew I wanted them so I could put them on one day. I still can't believe some of the stuff I've found, been really lucky with that.

The list of planned stuff so far:
-Tahoe Limited side skirts: I can't believe I actually found an OEM set. Really hard to find, from what I've seen. I'm hoping to meet up with a guy that has a stock one to take a look at how his are mounted on his Limited, trying to get these on by the end of the month.

-Escalade roof rack: It's painted and ready, but the screws on my roof rack are being really stubborn, and since I don't have a garage to remove it in, I have to wait until it isn't raining anymore.

-14-bolt SF rear from 454ss: I popped open the diff cover, and the gears are toast. That's kind of ok, I was going to swap in 3.73's anyways. Also planning on a Detroit TrueTrac, so that one's going to take some saving up.

-Edelbrock MPFI: Probably the most technical and research-intensive upgrade I've picked up so far. Ditches the two throttle body injectors for 8 injectors in the intake with fuel rails feeding them. Doing lots of research about tuning and swapping from peak-and-hold style injectors (our stock ones) to saturated style injectors. Also having to check resistance figures, flow rates, and figure out what I need for desired power, duty cycle, etc. Also looks like I'll be doing some computer mods beyond a simple tune to run this. Like I said, lots of research.

I think that's all I have laying around right now? So stay tuned, I'll be around a bit more in the near future. Spent a lot in the past couple years on more boring fixes (A/C, trans rebuild/swap, etc.).

Last edited:

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Been really busy with school lately. I graduate in a couple months. I now have space in the garage to work on projects and park the truck. So I have been doing a little polishing on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

And last night I was able to finish the drilling and mounting for a project I've been talking about for a long time. Better pics to come.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Alright y'all. Got a quick break in the rain, so I took it out and snapped some pics. I'm working on wetsanding it and polishing, since the paint is fairly clean, but the clear has orange-peel. I did the tailgate last night. Not perfect, but much better. I'll get the side skirts colormatched at some point, but they actually look decent black.

On to the pics.

Here's a close-up of the new exhaust tip out the passenger side skirt. When I (eventually) do dual exhaust, I'll cut the other side and make it match this.

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good! Makes me want to pick up a spare set of skirts for my limited just in case, haha. Definitely think you should paint them at some point; black always seems so unfinished on a non-black truck and that color looks fantastic on yours.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Good to see you back. The Yukon still looks great!

Thanks, man. Glad to see you're still around. I know most guys that I remember talking to aren't around here anymore.

Looks good! Makes me want to pick up a spare set of skirts for my limited just in case, haha. Definitely think you should paint them at some point; black always seems so unfinished on a non-black truck and that color looks fantastic on yours.

Do it if you can! I couldn't believe when I found a set for sale. It was a member on here who parts out GMT400's, and had a couple sets. I finally got pictures from someone on how the brackets mount to the body, so I got them mounted up. A friend of mine keeps trying to convince me to paint it black, but I'll never do that. This color is the original (just repainted 8-ish years ago), and it's too rare. Plus, I actually really like it on mine.

Looking at the pictures, I'm actually considering a small drop. Maybe 2". Idk, I swore I'd never do it, but tastes change, thankfully. I'm also thinking about taking it to a show for the first time. It's nowhere near being perfect, but it's something I don't want to put off, and end up regretting never doing.

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, if you're familiar with the Radwood shows, it would fit right in with all the '90s goodness. Lots of import/euro stuff at those as well depending on what you're into. Or even just cars and coffee type events are a good time.

I definitely think a drop would look good on yours, but then I think everything looks better lowered. Roughly a 3/4 drop on mine, maybe more. I've never actually measured it against a stock one:

You must be registered for see images

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright y'all. Got a quick break in the rain, so I took it out and snapped some pics. I'm working on wetsanding it and polishing, since the paint is fairly clean, but the clear has orange-peel. I did the tailgate last night. Not perfect, but much better. I'll get the side skirts colormatched at some point, but they actually look decent black.

On to the pics.

Here's a close-up of the new exhaust tip out the passenger side skirt. When I (eventually) do dual exhaust, I'll cut the other side and make it match this.

The Yukon is looking good it makes me miss my 95

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
gearhead - That truck is super clean! Did you remove the fog lights, or did you buy it like that? I love the impala wheels on yours.
My interior is too clean to justify ripping it apart right now, but when I go to have it redone, I'm going to do a slight variation on the two-tone Limited interiors.

Escahoe - Thanks man. I'm never going to get rid of this thing. It would be wrong to sell it and watch someone else drive off in it after all the years of work and research. Besides, it'll probably be 10 more years before I finish all my plans! :anitoof:

I'm probably gonna start pulling the seats and console out so I can deep-clean the passenger carpet. I already did the cargo area a few weeks ago. Still has some small stains, but looks and smells a lot better.