The Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Still finishing getting it back into decent shape. Started out as a stock 1995 GMC Yukon. Our former mechanic was the original owner. He put on the Flowmaster exhaust and also custom programmed a blank manufacturer's chip for it. My dad bought it a couple years later.

About 3 years ago when I got it from my dad. Still mostly stock.
You must be registered for see images attach

Replacing the fender, front clip, and bumper after an accident. No other pics of damage, because who wants to look at their pride and joy all banged up? :uhoh2:

Finally, new paint, smoothie, valance, and lights. This is how it looks now, but more stuff in the works as soon as I get some time/money.

Also, showing why I probably won't get a subwoofer or ever make it too serious of a show truck.......because she's still a workhorse. :waytogo:

Last edited:

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
yours is way closer to being show quality then mine will ever be, nothing wrong with having a workhorse though.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Alright, not much has changed since last time. I have a few newer pics.

^BTW, that street sign in my sig is from this street. I had my username for years. Same one as YouTube, and a few other places. Well, I found a street in my city "Yukon Dr", so no, that sign in not photoshopped. :waytogo: Seemed kinda cool to me.

Now for the question, I'm wanting to revive my wheels until these tires go, then I'll slap some new shoes on there. However, they're still going to be good for at least a couple years, so what should I do with the wheels?
Option 1: Strip the clear coat. Use a polish and polishing pad on a dual action sander to make 'em shine.
Option 2: Strip the clear coat. Paint them black. If I paint them, I would leave the lip around the edge clean and polish it, because I like having a dividing line between black wheels and tires.

Right now I'm leaning more towards painting, so if anyone knows of any threads or tips on that, I would appreciate it. I just don't care for too much chrome (polishing these would be ok, but about as far as I go in the chrome department, at least on this vehicle). I just think black wheels would go better with the color of the truck and the fact that everything besides the bumpers will either be teal or black.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Can i have your honest opinion on those headlights, would you buy them again?

Yeah, I have to say that I would. I got the whole set: headlights, parklights, and corners for $150 off ebay. I wrecked the front end and broke all the lights on the passenger side. These have good light output, the projectors have a built in shield, so I don't have to worry about blinding other drivers. Only thing I don't like is the look of how they fit right now. I'm trying to get them angled down to aim the light correctly (they shine up a little right now, which is why I haven't bought HID's yet), and they're tilted when you look at them. Otherwise, the headlights kept water out great. I'm thinking they would fit better if you had OEM headlight brackets, and put the light into them, which is what I'm going to try if I can't get them to look right.

I'll take a pic later tonight of the light output of the projectors and highs.

Your truck is looking SICK by the way. I thought about going with a sport grille (has the black ring instead of chrome), but I like how it went with my smoothie, but yours looks awesome all blacked out. http://www.carid.com/1995-gmc-yukon-grill/grillcraft-grille-46336.html This is a grille insert I'm probably going to get. If I do, I'll be sure to post up pics. It also comes powdercoated black, and I think it would look great on your truck. (I know the pic doesn't match, I've never been able to find a pic with the correct year).

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
the $160 price tag threw me off. is there anywhere that sells the mesh inserts in sizes big enough to fit the gmc grill?

///RAGMC works for Grillecraft, and so you could talk to him, I think he might be able to get them cheaper, not sure how often he can do that though. PM him and ask.

Otherwise, no, that's the only one that I've seen like that.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's really clean man and you've done a good job I think it needs that 1 thing to set it off...and I think that thing is 20's :D

Also I know where VIGH is coming about the headlights...not my thing but if you like them it's all that matters. It's the same with me I think my halo headlights are the greatest thing ever but alot of people hate them, especially over on gmfs