The Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
honestly IMO no caliper color other than black. lets face it its factory brakes! only time i would show off my brakes is if i spent 1K+ for some fancy big break BAER or BREMBO brakes for a bad ass upgrade. other than that just keep it black and so it doesnt rust! but thats just my opinion! take it or leave it.LOL

and as to the shaved doors be warned.... for a daily driver they can be very annoying! and you have to instal extra backups! IMO atleast two back ups are needed! first and most important... a manual pull cable mounted SOMEWHERE HIDDEN that will open a door! second a back up way to charge your battery directly! and those are easy! if you have a you pull junkyard around check out BMWs my favorite remote battery jump terminal is mounted on the front drivers side valve cover and has a cap as well. personaly its my favorite cause it looks clean and its real small so you can put it anywhere!
lets face it not having handles can be very much HUGE HEADACHES IF YOU DONT PREPARE! solinoids go bad, fuses pop, remotes go dead, main batteries go dead, the lock mechanism on the latch itself needs to be rigged so it will never lock!
i know from experience! first while installing them i didnt rig the lock mechanism and well it locked.lol and its real hard to pull the door panel off when the doors closed and its right next to the seat!!!!!!! ive also had several dead batteries, as well as closing the door with the keys inside the vehicle with the remote of course, hell ive even had the power wire fuse pop that powered the solinoid! needless to say I WILL NEVER SHAVE A DAILY DRIVERS DOOR HANDLES EVER AGAIN.LOL lesson learned!
but they do look SWEET!!!! and great for a show truck. and alittle theft prevention if you also shave the inside door handle.

I'm thinking I will try to do rear door handles on the front doors for now, so the lock cylinders aren't there. Reason for this, I'm pretty sure mine has been punched in once. The lock cylinders on my dad's truck are thrashed from them trying to do the same to his. I would leave the tailgate handle alone, though, so I could still get in with a key if the battery died or something.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I'm looking forward to getting these wired up. Next up on the plans is a painted rear bumper and Esky roof rack. After that, I need to decide what I want to do with the tail lights, they look terrible right now. Clear coat on them is shot.

Kinda tough to do mods right now, my work has been really slow, so I've been job hunting for 4 or 5 months now, and student loan payments are kicking in, so I won't really have a lot to spend on the truck for a while.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Well, after not having a lot of work for a long time, I started a new job a few months ago, but it is graveyard shift, so I've been pretty busy and tired lately. I was kind of burnt out on the truck for a while, but still would never sell it.

But now I'm back! I have a few more updates coming in the next month or so, but here's the first. Finally got my Denali console put in. I used some SEM on the console, and on that little trim piece in front of the cupholders. I think it came out great. The trim piece used to be woodgrain, but I painted it graphite to match the darker gray in the center of the dash. In person, it looks like a much better match.

I have the rear headphone control stuff for the back, but don't need it anyways, so I'm planning on making a wood mold from MDF, and then making a fiberglass pocket to fit in the back in there, a lot like the CD delete pocket up front. As for where the heated rear seat switches are supposed to go, I'm thinking about adding in some USB charging ports for phones or whatever else. What do you guys think?

Anyways, on to the pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I'm planning on making some plates from plastic, spraying them the darker graphite color, and cutting some small squares for 2 USB ports on either side. They will be powered with the cigarette lighter in the middle. I'm thinking about seeing if I could connect one of them to an AUX input on my head unit, so people in the back could play music from their devices without having to pass them up front.

As for the pocket, I'm thinking it should be pretty easy. I'm going to take some measurements, and plan on the bottom of it being lower than the bottom of the opening, so that it makes a lip that stuff can't slide out, very much like the CD delete pocket. From there, it's just making a wood mold that would basically make the shape of the inside of the cubby. Lay down some fiberglass cloth and resin, make a few layers, make sure it's all smooth, then spray the inside with the same graphite colored SEM.

At least, that's my plan for now. I need to do a little more research and make sure that it will work.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You mentioned that you were considering lowing your truck earlier in the thread and I want to give you some feedback.

I love your truck. It is very close to what I want to do with my Suburban. I call the look "Modern OEM". Clean up the body molding, paint match the bumper, wheels, ect. Keep it simple, keep it clean.

When it comes to truck mods I have found there are two popular options. Lifted 4x4s or lowered street trucks. It's challenging to stay in the middle and have a good looking truck. You have pulled it off.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I'm planning on making some plates from plastic, spraying them the darker graphite color, and cutting some small squares for 2 USB ports on either side. They will be powered with the cigarette lighter in the middle. I'm thinking about seeing if I could connect one of them to an AUX input on my head unit, so people in the back could play music from their devices without having to pass them up front.

As for the pocket, I'm thinking it should be pretty easy. I'm going to take some measurements, and plan on the bottom of it being lower than the bottom of the opening, so that it makes a lip that stuff can't slide out, very much like the CD delete pocket. From there, it's just making a wood mold that would basically make the shape of the inside of the cubby. Lay down some fiberglass cloth and resin, make a few layers, make sure it's all smooth, then spray the inside with the same graphite colored SEM.

At least, that's my plan for now. I need to do a little more research and make sure that it will work.

Hmm I may have to watch and see how that goes. I've thought about adding a rear USB port somewhere in there also. I definitely like the pocket idea. We do some plastic work here at my job, I'm sure I could come up with something.
I already replaced the lighter up front with dual USB's, but they are only for charging.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Painted rear bumper went on last week. Still trying to find time to put on the Esky roof rack. Cell phone pic for now.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Where did you get the USB plug? I like that

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone