Yukon/suburbon interchangeability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfpackfan21

Reaction score
I unfortunately ran my 99 Yukon slt into a tree right smack in the middle and am looking to rebuild it as best I can myself. There’s a clean 96 2wd gmc suburban the same color in my area listed at 2k and I’m thinking it would be worth it if the front end parts are interchangeable and a big bonus if the air bags and other safety systems components are as well. Seems like a possibility but I’m no expert… anybody have an idea?

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The column air bag, column, are not interchangeable. The 96 has no passenger air bag either. Check what size wheels are on the donor. If it is 2wd, usually it has 15" wheels, which some of the front end parts would not interchange. 1996 is one year only for many parts.

Wolfpackfan21

Reaction score
The column air bag, column, are not interchangeable. The 96 has no passenger air bag either. Check what size wheels are on the donor. If it is 2wd, usually it has 15" wheels, which some of the front end parts would not interchange. 1996 is one year only for many parts.
Thanks for the reply! I actually ended up finding another 99 Yukon same color and everything for $1000 so now it’s just Time to get to work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 7

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
ALL of the front end parts will fit, fenders ,hood, core support,grill, inner fenders,bumper,bumper brackets.