The Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
And just in time for Halloween......

......it's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!!! :rofl:

The guy said he used to own a custom truck shop and it was a customer's 454 SS. Well, the customer went back to Mexico, without paying for or picking up his truck, so the guy sold the parts. He kind of wished he hadn't sold it, because he was building an LS-powered 1960's truck that was 2wd.

You must be registered for see images attach

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's awesome. Wish I Could have found one before I built my rearend.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
how much you pay for the axle?

im hoping to find one of those in the junkyard one day! so far no luck.lol only 454s have been 4x4s or 2500s 6lugs

one other thing that would make your truck look much smoother.... denali roof rack! i got two if interested ;) 100bucks. i got a black one and a white one for sale. 100bucks each. plus shipping. tho i only have one hardware set. i lost the bolts for the other set some how :( i need to take these bolts down to hardware shop before i sell them and get the same bolts.LOL its the only reason i havent listed either on ebay yet.

and as to the foglight switch if you havent got a pigtail already just look at most 96-99 tahoes and suburbans. most already have the pigtail back there just covered up in foam tape in the same spot! if you need to buy one i probably have one i could sell for 4bucks plus shipping.

you got a real nice looking truck. but needs to be lower ;)

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
how much you pay for the axle?

im hoping to find one of those in the junkyard one day! so far no luck.lol only 454s have been 4x4s or 2500s 6lugs

one other thing that would make your truck look much smoother.... denali roof rack! i got two if interested ;) 100bucks. i got a black one and a white one for sale. 100bucks each. plus shipping. tho i only have one hardware set. i lost the bolts for the other set some how :( i need to take these bolts down to hardware shop before i sell them and get the same bolts.LOL its the only reason i havent listed either on ebay yet.

and as to the foglight switch if you havent got a pigtail already just look at most 96-99 tahoes and suburbans. most already have the pigtail back there just covered up in foam tape in the same spot! if you need to buy one i probably have one i could sell for 4bucks plus shipping.

you got a real nice looking truck. but needs to be lower ;)

Paid $260 for the axle. I figured it was still a good deal. I could probably sell my 10 bolt to make some of that back.

Waaayyy ahead of you one the roof rack, lol. I've had one in my garage from another member for about 6 months, just need to figure out how the old one comes off and how the esky rack bolts on up there. If you have any advice or pics, I'd love to get some help. Working on painting it and a W/T rear bumper too.

I have the switch, I just haven't looked for the pigtail yet. I figure I need to build these brackets first, then order a harness from Baron. All in due time, I'm a little short on cash at the moment, have a couple job interviews in the next week that look promising. That should help move things along.

Yeah, you and everyone else keep saying that. haha. Not going to happen right now. MAYBE sometime in the future, but I still don't know. I'd like to either drop the front 1" or raise the back 1". Either way.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That rear cupholder, is that the swing out style? I have one of those. If so, you can have it for what I paid for it. Plus shipping, of course. A whole $9.35!
It's grey, has the complete hinge, & it's not broken in any way. Real dirty, though!
I bought it for a console I had around here, but ended up eliminating all the rear stuff, then filling & smoothing the holes. Went into a Reg. Cab., so no need for anything back there.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
the roof rack is simple! your stock is just bolted on there. total of 12 bolts. torque bits. forget what size. BUT before you try to just slap the bit in there and remove them.... DONT. use the bit and a extension put it in the hole and use a hammer and tap the bit down into the bolts head first and then put the ratchet on and unscrew it!
ive learned this plenty of times that dirt builds up in those torque bit heads and if you just put the bit in and try to remove it it will just strip the head off most likely because its not fully in there. its like taking your lug nuts off but only having the wrench on it just barely!
hiting it with a hammer forces the bit down into the bolt so it bites much better! ever since i started hitting the bits down into the screws i havent had one try to strip out on me yet!
and the denali rack first has the two center brackets installed with the plastic spacer tabs ontop. and then the whole rack is set ontop of it and slap all the end caps on it and start the threads afew turns. and once all are started then tap the center peg forward to snap onto that center bracket to hold it tight and then bolt it from the side and tighten down the rest. its a breeze once you have the old ugly rack off!
it gives the tahoes a much sleeker look for dam sure! that factory rack is fine for a jacked up 4x4 look! hell the denalis probably get slightly better milage to being so smooth!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
That rear cupholder, is that the swing out style? I have one of those. If so, you can have it for what I paid for it. Plus shipping, of course. A whole $9.35!
It's grey, has the complete hinge, & it's not broken in any way. Real dirty, though!
I bought it for a console I had around here, but ended up eliminating all the rear stuff, then filling & smoothing the holes. Went into a Reg. Cab., so no need for anything back there.

nope. the esky console is a fold down style. its gotta be from a denali or escalade or it wont fit. totally different consoles 100% :( ive got two consoles right now with no rear cup holders! GM just had a HORIBLE DESIGN FLAW with using two 1/8th inch thick plastic tabs to hold the weight of two cups... so the one tab ALWAYS BREAKS and people just get tired of kicking the thing around the floor so it either gets thrown away or lost :( your best bet it to just sand the whole console smooth and fiberglass over the whole rear cup holder door area. :( it sucks for sure!

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
the roof rack is simple! your stock is just bolted on there. total of 12 bolts. torque bits. forget what size. BUT before you try to just slap the bit in there and remove them.... DONT. use the bit and a extension put it in the hole and use a hammer and tap the bit down into the bolts head first and then put the ratchet on and unscrew it!
ive learned this plenty of times that dirt builds up in those torque bit heads and if you just put the bit in and try to remove it it will just strip the head off most likely because its not fully in there. its like taking your lug nuts off but only having the wrench on it just barely!
hiting it with a hammer forces the bit down into the bolt so it bites much better! ever since i started hitting the bits down into the screws i havent had one try to strip out on me yet!
and the denali rack first has the two center brackets installed with the plastic spacer tabs ontop. and then the whole rack is set ontop of it and slap all the end caps on it and start the threads afew turns. and once all are started then tap the center peg forward to snap onto that center bracket to hold it tight and then bolt it from the side and tighten down the rest. its a breeze once you have the old ugly rack off!
it gives the tahoes a much sleeker look for dam sure! that factory rack is fine for a jacked up 4x4 look! hell the denalis probably get slightly better milage to being so smooth!
Well that's helpful. I was having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to remove an esky rack a while ago.:rotflmao:

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Ya removing the first one was like wtf where's the bolts at. And then I couldn't figure out wtf was holding on the roof so solid still after removing all the screws! Finally I banged on the center slide and once it moved an inch it came right off!
That tab puzzled me for way to long the first time lol

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, Marcus! I was looking at it and couldn't figure out how it would bolt up there. I can't wait to get this done, along with the rear bumper. Going to look SOO much better.

As for the cup holder, I think I might have a better idea, check out this site. http://www.emachineshop.com/machine-shop/Custom-Plastic-Parts/page384.html
I haven't priced anything out, so maybe it would be too expensive, but I'm definitely going to try and see how much it would cost to have a door made, and then fabricate my own bracket/hinge and probably use cup holders from a newer SUV console.