The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys Im back. While Ive been away, I managed to find a set of 2011 Camaro Base Model wheels that literally had 10 miles on them. Silly me only looked up pictures on camaro wheels on the truck thinking theyll fit. Lol you already know. That being said. Whats the best adapters I can use
Any adapters that will get you the bolt pattern change will need to be at minimum .75" thick which starts making those wheels look like a poor choice for a lowered application. I've seen it done but man they ride CLOSE to the fender lips.

Anyway EZAccessory can hook you up, just be sure you are really, really specific about what you need so there's no misunderstanding. They have good stuff but as you might imagine it's easy to get details confused and end up with the wrong item.

Also very important, when you go with the thinnest possible adapter, you'll probably find out the studs on the truck are longer than the adapter and will poke out against the wheel's mounting surface. SOME wheels have pockets in them that will prevent any interference, some don't; if there is any contact at all you will need to cut your truck's studs off short.

Those pattern change adapters aren't cheap so you better do a lot of measuring and mocking up before you commit.

Richard

jarhead92

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the flip kits for 88-98 trucks are different or the same as 2005/2006 trucks, someone gave me a mcgaughys flip kit for a 2005/06 and it looks the same as offered for 88/98 but different part numbers. I'm assuming they're not the same but wanted to see what others say.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Unlikely, at least for the sole reason of different notch bracket because the frames are shaped different. Not all flips come with the notch though. Beyond that haven't looked hard enough at the parts to see what other differences there may be.

Richard

Muskratt2

Reaction score
I have an 89 stepside that I'm going to lower 5" in the front and do a rear flip & shackle & get it 8" in the rear. I want to go with a 20" wheel tire combo.
What's the widest wheel tire combo I can get under it?
I thought I saw a guy somewhere had a 12" wide wheel under one somewhere but can't find it anymore.
What backspacing would I need?

My measurements from wheelwell to the leaf spring at the front of the wheelwell are around 12 1/2"

Reaction score
Wanting to go 4-7 for the 3'' difference and the "true" level stance. Spindles and springs out front, because I want to keep the stock shocks. Out back, I'm thinking flip kit plus moving my current drop shackles to the next hole for 7'' out back.
My main concern are my wheels. I'm running 15x8's with 4'' backspacing and -12mm offset. Would I get away with 275/60's or 255/70's?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Wanting to go 4-7 for the 3'' difference and the "true" level stance. Spindles and springs out front, because I want to keep the stock shocks. Out back, I'm thinking flip kit plus moving my current drop shackles to the next hole for 7'' out back.
My main concern are my wheels. I'm running 15x8's with 4'' backspacing and -12mm offset. Would I get away with 275/60's or 255/70's?

Not too sure about the backspacing & offset, but I've run 276/60-15's (stock SS wheels) & 295/40-20's (10" wide rim) on my truck @ 4/7.

Reaction score
I just fear that the fronts will come out a tad too much to make up for with fender rolling. With my current 235/75's, they're a hair outside the front fenders - and I'm not even dropped out front yet.

BigLalo

Reaction score
does anyone know of a thread that explains what modification has to be done the LCA when 2" spindles are being used with oem 15" aluminum wheels

91obsHD

Reaction score
I'm Currently At A 4/8 But Want To Lower It 2" Up Front

I Have 2" Spindles 2" Springs
Wheels : 20x8 Front 255/35/20
Rear 275/35/20

How Can I Go Lower And Would I Need To Cut Anything Or Will There Be Any Rubbing ?