The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
does anyone know of a thread that explains what modification has to be done the LCA when 2" spindles are being used with oem 15" aluminum wheels
You must be registered for see images attach

This one needs to be done a bit more. It was after the pic was taken. Just to that line in front of those big rivets

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'm Currently At A 4/8 But Want To Lower It 2" Up Front

I Have 2" Spindles 2" Springs
Wheels : 20x8 Front 255/35/20
Rear 275/35/20

How Can I Go Lower And Would I Need To Cut Anything Or Will There Be Any Rubbing ?

One coil cut = 2", on average.
I wouldn't go lower than a 5" drop, though.
Things like the exhaust cross-over will hit unless modded. A lot!
Even at 4/7 my cross-over would scrape. It was modded off of the manifold to run forward & tucked up under the front of the oil pan.
The tires will hit at the bottom rear of the wheel well. Best fix is to mod that area like some of the bagged guys do, with that section cut out & 'boxed' back a bit.
Best be checking for frame cross-members (especially the front one) & maybe gas tank ground clearances too.
My opinion is that a 6" front drop is just too much for a static drop. It'd certainly limit the truck's driveability.

jarhead92

Reaction score
I found out the answer to my question about the 99-06 flip kit I got, it is different than the 88-98 Chevy kit, just fyi. Lol darnit!

91obsHD

Reaction score
One coil cut = 2", on average.
I wouldn't go lower than a 5" drop, though.
Things like the exhaust cross-over will hit unless modded. A lot!
Even at 4/7 my cross-over would scrape. It was modded off of the manifold to run forward & tucked up under the front of the oil pan.
The tires will hit at the bottom rear of the wheel well. Best fix is to mod that area like some of the bagged guys do, with that section cut out & 'boxed' back a bit.
Best be checking for frame cross-members (especially the front one) & maybe gas tank ground clearances too.
My opinion is that a 6" front drop is just too much for a static drop. It'd certainly limit the truck's driveability.

Thanks For The Feedback I'll Probably Just Go 5" then lol

Reaction score
does anyone know of a thread that explains what modification has to be done the LCA when 2" spindles are being used with oem 15" aluminum wheels

All you need to do is cut a relief section in the "rain gutter" looking edge of the LCA. Have someone turn the wheel lock to lock and see where the spindle contacts the wheel, then you know where to cut. Cut a section longer than you might think so that you can compensate for suspension travel while turning.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
and when you do trim the rain gutter on the lca make sure not to cut it 90 degrees if that makes sense. make it a smooth transition from the cut. The pics sewlow posted are a great reference, the ones i used when i did mine in fact.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
and when you do trim the rain gutter on the lca make sure not to cut it 90 degrees if that makes sense. make it a smooth transition from the cut. The pics sewlow posted are a great reference, the ones i used when i did mine in fact.

Howdy, stranger!

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What Size Tire Are You Guys Running On 15" Stocks With A 4/6 Drop Or A 5/8
I'm running 225x70x15" on the front and my wheels have a 4" backspace. On the rear I'm running 285x70x15" on wheels that have a 4 1/2" backspace. The rear fender lips have been rolled. They fit perfect and really fill out the wheelwell.