The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddieh

Reaction score
Good info, looks like bds and fabtech are 6" only. I will check out procomp and super lift. My plan is to change out the tierod ends, and sway bar links during the install. I dont have a press for the rest. Can RCX, PC, or superbe aligned at any shop?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Good info, looks like bds and fabtech are 6" only. I will check out procomp and super lift. My plan is to change out the tierod ends, and sway bar links during the install. I dont have a press for the rest.

No press needed balljoint are riveted on a 91, if they have never been replaced, if they have been replaced then they are bolted on. Idler arm bolts on and the pitman are is on big nut holding it on, a puller is required and they are about $20 at an auto parts store. Just remember, the lift and bigger tires are going to put a strain on all these components, so you don't want these to fail and your son to loose control.

Here's a good vid on removing balljoints. http://youtu.be/y5LplNE_8_4

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Work truck. Base interior with crank windows. Sealed beam headlights with a rubbery grille. Puke and wipe floor if I am not mistaken.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
OK. I had read some where this past week about single sealed beams being on a W/T. Mine is a SLE but has the single beam headlamp package. Custom ordered I guess.

Reaction score
Learned something new on my 92 2wd 1500 today. I used a cheap ($240) 4" spindle lift on ebay to lift my front end. Turns out with this kit at least, factory wheels no longer fit right! The spindle clips the hammer on wheel weights hard enough to feel at 15mph (never went faster).

Other piece of knowledge, 33x12.50x15 fits under a 2" drop in the rear

Third piece of info: everyone that told me my set up should work without rubbing could not be more wrong haha. I've got 5k miles so far this way and I need more lift. 33x12.50 on 15x10 with a 1.5" wheel adaptor. Had to trim the bumper just to turn the wheel. Turning radius is now 5.5 lanes... But it does look good!
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Eddieh

Reaction score
Well, I have had a major change in plans. Looks like I am sticking with stock ride height and 265 tires. My boys mom put the brakes on our lift plans. I now have a Zone 6" lift and a set of Goodyear Wranger 285/75R16 for sale if anyone is interested. PM me if so.