The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
it might affect the way the spring seats in the lower control arm. I couldn't say for sure since I have a 4x4.

+1, I would look at which end it will seat securely in. They typically need to index and both ends of the spring may or may not be the same.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Currently installing my 6" Superlift. Truck has brand new ball joints all around, so I don't plan on replacing them while I'm at it. If I remove the caliper and rotor, as well as disconnect the CV, can I drop the UCAs and LCAs, connected via the knuckle as one piece, and pull the torsion bar out of the cross member at the same time? I know it would probably take 2 or 3 people, but I don't see the point in ripping it all apart if I don't have to.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
if you can drop literally everything at once and have enough people to support it so you dont ruin anything and then just add the lift specific pieces and bolt each side up as one i dont see why it wouldnt work

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple questions that probably belong here:

1. Where can I buy the Realift TB relocators from?

http://www.realiftsusp.com/
http://www.samsoffroad.com/samsoffroadsto/

I don't see them listed for sale on the link provided by their website.

2. How important are the support struts that go from the LCA drop bracket back to the transmission crossmember that you see on most lift kits? Has anyone removed them and had terrible things happen?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i wouldnt remove them, there a support/trac bar so to speak, they are there for a reason, if your that bothered by it you can more than likely weld a mount farther up the crossmember drop bracket to raise that trac bar, dont know where you buy realift, call em and ask