The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98greenatalie

Reaction score
I've got a 98 GMC Sierra 4x4 with keys cranked about 2" and 1.5" blocks in back. Sits exactly level. 38" from floor to fender all around. I have 285/75/16 on 16 rims right now, but I want to upgrade. You guys think I could safely fit 18x9 with 0mm offset with 285/70/18 tires? Without scrubbing? Thanks dudes

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
I've got a 98 GMC Sierra 4x4 with keys cranked about 2" and 1.5" blocks in back. Sits exactly level. 38" from floor to fender all around. I have 285/75/16 on 16 rims right now, but I want to upgrade. You guys think I could safely fit 18x9 with 0mm offset with 285/70/18 tires? Without scrubbing? Thanks dudes

I don't see any problem with it. I've heard of guys stuffing 35s on stock wheels with minor trimming

Sent my 3/4 ton iPhone

98greenatalie

Reaction score
Yeah I've heard of that too. My main concern is the wider wheel and the more negative offset. Going from stock 16x7 wheels to 18x9 wheels with lower offset. Scrubbing on fender.

popeye11

Reaction score
body lift gas leak

need help,,put a 3inch bdy lift on a k1500 ext cab....when i put in gas and squeeze the handle more than 1/4 it leaks, were you put the pipe in between the ruber hose(fuel filler neck)

Raji

Reaction score
Hello, i have a simple stupid question about this Suburban exactly , is it a 2500 or 1500 and 2WD or 4WD ? i'm very confused because it looks a 4X4 ...
You must be registered for see images

but at the same it looks very low comparing to these :

You must be registered for see images attach

Are the tires who makes difference here or chassis or what ??! and sorry for all these stupid questions :)

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Hello, i have a simple stupid question about this Suburban exactly , is it a 2500 or 1500 and 2WD or 4WD ? i'm very confused because it looks a 4X4 ...

but at the same it looks very low comparing to these :

Are the tires who makes difference here or chassis or what ??! and sorry for all these stupid questions :)
I spy a CV boot and 8 lug wheels. Seems to be a 4x4 2500 burb.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Also looks to have a diesel bumper if you look close at the extra wide front plate

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2