The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Hello, i have a simple stupid question about this Suburban exactly , is it a 2500 or 1500 and 2WD or 4WD ? i'm very confused because it looks a 4X4 ...
You must be registered for see images

but at the same it looks very low comparing to these :

You must be registered for see images attach

Are the tires who makes difference here or chassis or what ??! and sorry for all these stupid questions :)
It's a 4x4 3/4 ton

Case182

Reaction score
Found a set of 255/70/15's on CL and was wondering if they would fit without rubbing.

I've got a 2WD '97 SCSB with stock suspension. I need new tires pretty bad and for the price the person is asking it's really hard to pass up.

Last edited:

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Found a set of 255/70/15's on CL and was wondering if they would fit without rubbing.

I've got a 2WD '97 SCSB with stock suspension. I need new tires pretty bad and for the price the person is asking it's really hard to pass up.

I don't see why not

Sent from my 3/4 ton iPhone

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One so I was wondering about purchasing the 6in suspension lift from rough country. But had a few concerns about it. First off I have 3in blocks in rear now and torsion keys cranked and it rides rough like expected. With the 6in RC will it ride just as rough? Second being $1000 is it worth the money? Or is there another brand that would be better for about the same price? Thanks! Also if anybody has a 6in lift under theirs could you post some pics so I could see about what I would look like?

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The RCX lift is great for the price, IMO. The ride shouldn't change from what you describe and the RCX 6" lift will come with 4" blocks that you'd swap in place of your current 3" blocks. If I had time I'd post pics of my truck up, but you can check out my started threads and my sig and take a look see. :)

Last edited:

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The RCX lift is great for the price, IMO. The ride shouldn't change from what you describe and the RCX 6" lift will come with 4" blocks that you'd swap in place of your current 3" blocks. If I had time if their pics of my truck up, but you can check out my started threads and take a look see. :)

Ok thanks will do!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
One so I was wondering about purchasing the 6in suspension lift from rough country. But had a few concerns about it. First off I have 3in blocks in rear now and torsion keys cranked and it rides rough like expected. With the 6in RC will it ride just as rough? Second being $1000 is it worth the money? Or is there another brand that would be better for about the same price? Thanks! Also if anybody has a 6in lift under theirs could you post some pics so I could see about what I would look like?
It will ride much better than what you have now honestly and rcx is the cheapest but for a little more you can have a super lift that's much better

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The RCX lift is great for the price, IMO. The ride shouldn't change from what you describe and the RCX 6" lift will come with 4" blocks that you'd swap in place of your current 3" blocks. If I had time I'd post pics of my truck up, but you can check out my started threads and my sig and take a look see. :)

So will I actually get a true 6 inches?