The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Echomirage

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so looking at rockauto, it says the stamped are for light duty trucks? big block, 14 bolt, etc, and its light duty?

Echomirage

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
8 lug, 14 bolt rear. K2500 big block, i assume as heavy duty as you can get a burb in 96. theres different ball joints for each LCA, so i need to know what to order.

im 99% sure the entire truck is bone stock. everything is still original, 150K miles, including 2 spark plugs. the 2nd owner had it 10yrs, put 20k miles on it, and did little to no maintenance, unless something broke.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
8 lug, 14 bolt rear. K2500 big block, i assume as heavy duty as you can get a burb in 96. theres different ball joints for each LCA, so i need to know what to order.

im 99% sure the entire truck is bone stock. everything is still original, 150K miles, including 2 spark plugs. the 2nd owner had it 10yrs, put 20k miles on it, and did little to no maintenance, unless something broke.
It's definitely hd then. Order the ball joints it calls for. I'll do some research also and post up here for you if I find anything different

sent from my glade air freshner

Echomirage

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm....so youre saying its a light duty, stamped LCA, but needs a heavy duty ball joint? the LCAs are definitely hollow, with welds along the top edges like in the pic. did i get some kind of anomaly? HD truck but they put LD LCAs on it?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm....so youre saying its a light duty, stamped LCA, but needs a heavy duty ball joint? the LCAs are definitely hollow, with welds along the top edges like in the pic. did i get some kind of anomaly? HD truck but they put LD LCAs on it?
Don't believe the rock auto listing that those are light duty. It had to do more with what plant the truck was built in an what company supplied the arms. Don't read that much into it.

Echomirage

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill get the BJs for the stamped arm. is there any significant strength advantage to the forged over stamped?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ill get the BJs for the stamped arm. is there any significant strength advantage to the forged over stamped?
No not to my knowledge it's just a difference in the outer diameter of the ball joint housing

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
with 2" blocks and crank can i buy standard shocks or should i go for 1-2 1/2 rancho lift shocks on rockauto?

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I bought rancho shocks and had 2" blocks, their catalog said 0-2" lift were same part number for the shocks.

Sent from my iPhone