The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They appear to be factory replacement heads.

6272990​
454​
71-94​
2.19/1.88​
118cc Replacement Rectangular port 325cc intake​

baddawg

Reaction score
Thank you Erik for the link.
The block has no identification numbers.
I know 100% the entire engine was purchased as a crate engine. I will print and take to the garage.
Again, Thank you.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Note that that page does have some inaccuracies, but it's probably the best, most complete info out there. Double-check any critical specs before you assemble..

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May be a stupid question, may be that I'm a novice, but here goes.

I plan on doing quite a bit of upgrades to my truck in the near future. Full top end kit with heads, intake, cam, and efi, along with headers, and the appropriate valve train, spark and fuel upgrades.

There is a lot of space between the fenders, but with this much work would it be worth pulling the engine?

Will the cam come out without pulling the rad?

Its not my primary and I have space for it to be down for an extended time, but I am a one man show and have never pulled an engine before.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of space between the fenders, but with this much work would it be worth pulling the engine?
I did my 88 with the engine in until I spun a rod bearing. Then I did my short block outside. It's easier outside if you can pull the engine and have the hoist for it.

Will the cam come out without pulling the rad?
Nope but, it isn't that hard to pull the front grille and radiator. Then swing the condenser out of the way without evacuating the refrigerant.