The Stupid Axle Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MY 9.5 G80 is filled with Valvoline 80W-90, with zero friction modifier in the bottle. Rated for "top-off" of positraction differentials, not a full-fill because of the lack of friction modifier.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
K1500s easily upgrade both brakes and axle strength when a 9.5" semi-float axle is swapped-in from a 6-lug K2500. Get the correct gear ratio to match the front. Need one conversion U-joint, and four U-bolts. Couldn't be easier. Shouldn't be too expensive.
Trying to figure out what rear end have on my truck since it's an implant. It's already apparent I have the duo servo drum brakes. How can I tell ? I mean my cover is a 10 bolt. I kinda remember it had a G80 before it grenaded. But what about the axles?
Dont be like me, be able to spot the difference, this measurement is the only really obvious difference in the semi float axles
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
What does this mean? Which is which? That's a measurement to the spring perch?