The Plow Truck: 99 454 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome! When I was going, I never really saw much in the way of 8-lug/454 trucks, locally.

Have you checked fuel pressure? I had the hot start problem, and I was sure it was injectors. Eventually the pump quit completely. My oem injectors do need to be changed, but it starts fine ever since the new pump.

Gonna check fuel pressure here soon. If it's right and doesn't bleed down then I'll try to cheap out and just slap the injectors in leaving the old regulator. If not, gotta wait for Amazon to bring me one.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Aside from 1 little spot, I got the frame clean enough to paint but ran out of time for paint so slathered it in naval jelly one last time to soak for the night.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I didn't realize the plow mounts went as far back as they did so I had to strip some paint behind the driver's core support mount. Ended up being mostly silver under that so saved me some pain there. I monkeyed around drilling different holes in my trailer brake controller bracket and figuring out placement too. And picked up a 7 way receptacle, hopefully some stuff actually starts coming together tomorrow. I think by next weekend I'll be in a decent spot.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Under meaning towards the ground, but possibly between the rail and box, too.

Under has that cross member. That's clean on mine, but I do wonder what lurks on the bit of rail that I can't see. Thinking I want to drill a drain hole right in front of that so the low spot can drain. I noticed when I was washing the inside of the frame that the water just stayed there.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this thread. Great read, as usual.

Couple questions off top of my head... does it still have the rpo sticker? does it have a 154.5 or 155.5 wheelbase? Also, are you gonna do the LS1 throttle body thing?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
155.5", not to be confused with the far more popular 154.5". Every single junkyard gets that one wrong. Buncha f'in r3t@rds. I've not put many miles on this thing, so not sure if I'll bother with the LS1 TB. Once this round of BS is knocked out I need to shift my focus to unbending the frame, then I can tag it and rack up some miles and start thinking about the finer points.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you. When you mentioned 154.5 earlier in the thread, and this was a ccsb, I had to follow up for my own sanity.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Under has that cross member. That's clean on mine, but I do wonder what lurks on the bit of rail that I can't see. Thinking I want to drill a drain hole right in front of that so the low spot can drain. I noticed when I was washing the inside of the frame that the water just stayed there.

A drain hole is probably a good idea.