The memories made me keep her but the opportunities keeps me goin.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ready to drop the trans. Just waiting on my jack hand to show back up. Rather safe than sorry

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score

Ok so here's the latest. After removal of the transmission, I wasn't not happy to say the least. From all the loose bolts to the dirt in my eyes, I'm ready to blow a gasket. 2 loose bell housing bolts, 4 loose transfer case bolts that mate to the trans adapter, both trans mout bolts loose, shot torque converter, broke sprag and the latest, broken tail shaft extension housing ear. This has to be one of the worst excuses for quality workmanship that I has ever seen. Needles to say, me and the rebuilder are gonna have a nice talk when I get home.

The replacement is ready but the torque converter won't be here til Monday and then I have to find the part to fix my t case. Other than that, everything else is on track. After I get the tranny in, I'm gonna do the ball joints, wheel hub and button up a few things. Then it's time for a tag for legal use on the street, finally!!!!

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score

So the torque converter showed up the other day and now I have my new tail shaft extension housing.

Today is gonna be a good day...at least I hope

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score

Got everything sealed up. Did a little washing after this pic and should finish cleaning tomorrow. Gonna give it a little paint, slap her in and go for a little spin.

Them it's tires and front end afterwards. Step by step baby

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score

So I pulled my original tranny apart, after my replacement was a no go, and I found out my problem. Welded clutches. Well I also found the reason why my replacement didn't work. It uses the 300mm imput shaft and longer stator but I ordered my TC for the 298mm imput. I feel so stupid. So I'm gonna swap out imput shafts and slap it all back together next weekend. As it stands now I need a break. I am gonna go back to the 300mm when I do my big build so that requires a new fly wheel and TC, which is fine by me. Bigger is usually better. Until not time...

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
Haven't updated in a while but here's where I'm at now. I relocated and got a new job so the z was but on hold. Well yesterday pulled my replacement trans out and changed input shaft and pump. Get it all in today to have only reverse. I've got a p0785, p1860 and p740. Would going to a newer style trans have anything to do with these codes?(with my luck it will) I can wiggle the controller harness and the idle will change. I'll check it more thoroughly tomorrow and post an update.