The memories made me keep her but the opportunities keeps me goin.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
This is the story of my first truck. It's a 1998 GMC that I'll probably be buried in. Hope y'all enjoy.

So far:
Dual 14" e-fans
14bsf 3.73 Detroit locked
Cowl hood
LED third brake light.
E3 plugs
K&N filter
Torsion keys.

Priority to do list:
Finish tran swap x
Remove all ifs
Upper and lower ball joints
Wheel hub
Idler arm and mount
Swap tires x
Body and paint
Lights
Get cleared for tags
Shocks
Wiper switch
Tie up all other loose ends

Not so priority to do list:
Headers and full exhaust
SAS
Lift
411 PCM
Reinstall 4.10 gears
New tires
Fab better mounts and install brush guard
Fab e-fan shroud
Fix and finish interior
Radio and sub
Tint.

All in all, I just want to drive my truck again..

Last edited:

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The day it all began. As soon as I turned down highway 32 and stabbed it, I knew she was mine

Last edited:

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score

It sat in the driveway for a few days until I got my license. Every now and again friends of mine with a DL would come over and I had to let them drive. I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't share.

Last edited:

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score

A couple of months before this truck was even thought of, I did a little job for a buddy and he gave me a set of all terrains. First thing I did was put them on. If by chance you know me, you know I wheel and deal. Traded them for some 85% 265 Federal MT Leveled it and that's when the fun really began.

Last edited:

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score

This became my addiction. It was almost an everyday thing for me to clean my truck up, say I'm never doing this again, and then before you know it, I'm laying my seat back until I see my back up arrive. I've laid more frame than a hooker has on her back. Don't get me wrong now, I was 50/50 on the "yea he's stuck" and the "good god that truck is walkin". A lot of times I got stuck on purpose, hint hint.

Last edited:

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score

Ran across these bad boys the day I made that rut. Same day one of my buddy's dad fought a tree with ha PSD 6.0. Got a call from my cousin. He was duck huntin and was too lazy to walk and get the decoys so he used his k1500 to get them. When I arrived another boy already got his k1500stuck. I was next in line(of course). Turned out to be an all day event. Out of the 4 trucks that convoyed to get us, the bone stock, mis matched gear ratio, k1500 pulled us all out. 6.0, 5.4, and 5.3 got shamed that day. The 350 stood strong that day. As I was loadin chain, I seen them tips in his truck and ended leavin with them. All k1500's were 98 btw.

Last edited:

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score

Those 5x24 sounded so good with straights(cats still). The sound quality did not out weigh the fact that I broke more than too many hangers. Killed mileage too, they sounded to good.

Last edited:

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score

The day I put them in here is also the day that curve snuck up on me. Passenger fender and mirror are gone. Well a few weeks prior, a ford explorer came over to far and will no longer be with us(totaled) Wrinkled up my driver side fender and busted my grill. So far I'm down 2 fenders, grill, and mirror. Also my bumper wasn't exactly lined up but it wasn't that bad.

These seemed to be my weak point. Yes that's a 14 bolt. Yes I twisted it off. This was my second rear end at this point. First 14b. I went back to a 10b.

Last edited:

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score

Fast forward a few months to 10-16-11. We are at the body shop seeing what we could do for the wrinkles and the guy says it's totaled. I went to leave and he said I can't do that and goes on to explain how once he put it in the computer, that it was final. Standing there heart broken, I come to the conclusion that maybe it's for the best. From 10-26-10 to 10-16-11. I managed to take an immaculate 120,000 mile old man Z71 and destroy it. I managed 2 rearends, 1 tranny, countless power steering pumps, a wheel(someone must have not liked me), 6 lug nuts, hit a stump, and many sets of tires. Include all of the mud riding and previous things and you've got a rough 20,000 miles.

Last edited:

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
As time went on, I got a 1980 scsb gmc granny lo 4x4. People never cut me any slack askin about my old truck so I always thought about that truck and those good times. I was piddling outside one day when my buddy Neal called and said he seen her headed south bound on a transport. That sparked the fired. I got on the phone, located it, and the date of the dealer insurance auction. I go get a nice man who is registered with the auction place and we go up there. I only had 1300 on me so I went around tellin everyone that I was just there for my old truck. They didn't leave me any lunch money but I won my truck back. Excited, I get in it to drive it home and found out someone sprayed my motor down and got water under the distributor cap. I knew of this issue, found it out the hard way a while back. Go back the next day with my grandmaw, a ford and a trailer only to leave with my truck pullin that trailer. Not today ford. The combo of a new cap, rotor button and a heated overnight storage allowed me to have the biggest grin, I think I've ever had, while I was headed home. I probably smiled for the next 3 day.

Last edited: