The Hoopty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what im thinking for the new switch panel
You must be registered for see images

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
more dash

still have to figure out how im going to fill that void at the top

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you should go to a wrecking yard and cut the right side of the part of the dash off where that radio goes. Then, use that extra piece to extend yours over to the right. Hope that makes sense. Basically it would cover up where you have that plywood extending to the right. Make the whole section of dash holding the gages and radio be wider. Then, just glass in the opening above the radio.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you should go to a wrecking yard and cut the right side of the part of the dash off where that radio goes. Then, use that extra piece to extend yours over to the right. Hope that makes sense. Basically it would cover up where you have that plywood extending to the right. Make it look like that whole part of the dash where the gages and radio are just be wider. Then, just glass in the opening above the radio.

Last edited:

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know what you mean by extending the dash but it wouldnt have worked because of how the dash mounts are to make it work only the bezel could be extended and i think it would look just as awkward and i still have sanding and stuff like that to do and i can also mold the wood to look better i did some glassing on it today so well see how it turns out

keep in mind that im a college student completely on my own and i do 100% of all the work on my truck and i have had no formal training or anything all my knowledge comes from trail and error or reading forums

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
little bit of glass on the dash still LOTS of work to do

doesnt really matter what it looks like its all covered this is all just for strength

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hey, you're getting there man, it just takes time that you don't have, but you'll eventually get there and it'll look great I'm sure. For the meantime, just let it do it's job, worry about the looks later. Good Luck!

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
added more layers of glass

and some on the inside for more strength

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and yet more dash