The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llmacgregor

Reaction score
where'd ya get them bracket? or plates if you will, they come in the kit or did you make em?

They look like the ones in the kit I thought were for the front outer bracket?

You caught me, they came in the kit for the front bumper..... But they were at hand for the rear. The rear can hold all 185 lbs of me stepping on it without bending or bouncing. The front holds my weight also, not as strong as stock but still strong, 4 bolts holding the front bumper, and 4 bolts holding the rear bumper. I got my mind on a custom front winch bumper anyway, which will require a good strong frame mounting point. Ill probably build that if i cant find a good deal one one...???..???

Also I was thinkin about some rock sliders to help cover up the frame under the cab, Anyone use those? Ive seen a couple pics searching for them but not many places sell them for my rig, I might have to build those as well.

maxakabill

Reaction score
I was looking around but I couldnt find any answers. I have a 1998 GMC K1500 Suburban and I have a rear heater coil/AC and a blower. The coolant and A/C lines run along the inside of the frame and come out into the truck right next to the rear wheel well. If I get a body lift will I need to extend these lines or will they be fine?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do they have any slack to them at all? if so about how much and maybe they will, if not you're gonna have to extend em. Check around or go to the websites like performance accessories, read their directions, they may tell you what to do. Sometimes it's as simpkle as finding a hold down bracket and taking it loose.

texasrebel88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i guess i can contribute to this threadd now. it took me about 8 hours to do my whole truck. the only problem i ran into was the fan shroud, i trimed it up about 3 inchs to make it fit right and then bolted it down.. pa didnt send me my rear bumper bracket and they claim i didnt buy it with the set.. but i bought the set with the bracket? m buddy is giving me his gap gaurds for 20 dollars=] but i do need to redo my frame again... ramhill u have any pics of ur frame with the hurculiner on it? and i still need to put my valence back on this weekend
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
most body lift kits dont come with the rear brackets...just the fronts

just take a wire wheel to the frame and then just get some undercoating or regular paint and spray your frame

texasrebel88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
last time i did my frame i did it with rustoleum hammer, and it looked great. had likea metal finish. but started come off aftera few pressure washes.. i was wanting something that sticksreally good

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Disregard the awful chrome grille and z71 stickers :lol:, these were taken RIGHT after putting on the herculiner just this last winter.

You must be registered for see images