The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hauling doesn't have anything to do with drilling, you just do the fender well on the inside, it never shows thruy in the bed, that part is below the bed floor.

Exactly all you drill through is the bottom lip of the inner fener, nothing goes into the bed and can no way effect hauling. Either way its all the same results in the end.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good point on the plastic tree clips, I was thinking of them but forgot to mention it.

LMC seels pre cut sheets of rubber now for around $40 I think for gap gaurds, or you can buy big trucker mud flaps and cut em up, bedliner, whatever you can find. The factory fronts are held in by those same clips.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
factory fronts cover enough as they are right? so just a few pieces on the rear would be needed?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nope I think you'll have spots visible with the stock fronts, not 100 percent on that but pretty sure you would.

I was wrong on the lmc rubber pieces they are $20 a set, got 2 strips and hardware to install them.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
hmm, well i plan to do my own up, outta some thin stainless and paint it, i'll see how the fronts look, or i may get all expensive like and get a rcx 6"

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm, well i plan to do my own up, outta some thin stainless and paint it, i'll see how the fronts look, or i may get all expensive like and get a rcx 6"

Definitely go that route. Way better than a BL imo.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
yeah i'm undecided, i know the advantages, but dono if i want to throw that kinda money at it.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i'm undecided, i know the advantages, but dono if i want to throw that kinda money at it.
If you going are just going to run 33's and want the look of a lifted truck then body lift is the way to go. If wanted 35's and more offroad use I'd go with the suspension.

Another good note to add to this thread is to add a metal plate that is the same size or larger then the stock body mount plate to the top of the lift pucks. The body lift block will come up through the floor, if your truck is showing its age. The rear passenger side seems to be the worst area.

Last edited: