The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
XCVIII_SIERRA truck looks good but I think you need to black out the front bumper to tie in the rockers and fenders.

Also, I like the step boards from tahoe/suburban did they bolt right up or did you have to make custom brackets like fasrnu did?

Reaction score
Hi!
Got a lift kit from Summit, but it says that it is not designed for a diesel car.
What is the difference between the lift kit for gasoline and diesel suburban?
That there may still be needed?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I believe that it will work on your diesel but it could cause cooling issues with the motor.

Reaction score
I also believe in it, but what you may have problems with cooling? perhaps it may be difficult with hoses oil cooler. I have not found in our reports on the lift is diesel cars: (

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I am not sure what you are trying to say but the body/body mounts are the same so you can put it on there and it will work. I am pretty sure it has to do with the front bumper being moved up and interfering with the cooling system.

Reaction score
2dirtyhick42:
Maybe so, but here in Moscow there are a few of these machines with lift kit and have no problems with cooling the engine.
In any case, thanks for the reply

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
So you know it is gonna work then?
It may not happen to all trucks but if it happens to a handful then the companies are gonna put a warning or something so they can cover their ass's when someones motor ***** up.