The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked before, but.. If I was to put a 2" body lift on my truck along with the 2" inches I've already gotten from cranking the Torsion Bars and the 1" blocks I have in the rear, will I be able to clear 35s? Or would I be in need of a 3" body lift?

This is not something I'm looking at doing right now seeing as I just got new 33.5" duratracs, but later on down the road, this is something I'd like to explore.

-Nick

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked before, but.. If I was to put a 2" body lift on my truck along with the 2" inches I've already gotten from cranking the Torsion Bars and the 1" blocks I have in the rear, will I be able to clear 35s? Or would I be in need of a 3" body lift?

This is not something I'm looking at doing right now seeing as I just got new 33.5" duratracs, but later on down the road, this is something I'd like to explore.

-Nick

Yah you could you might have to crank more and trim but it can be done

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance but I am really new to lifted trucks and off road set ups. I have been trying to read everything on doing a body lift since that is the direction I want to go. My truck is a daily driver on a 30 mile each way ride so I dont really want a suspension lift. The things I have seen that I need to address when doing a body lift are the following correct?

Over heating due to fans now being higher than the Engine: Get electrical Fans set up
Ugly frame and inner wheel wells and other places: Get or make black spacers to cover
Rear bumper to low: Flip brackets upside down to raise it up
That is all the issues I have seen that I can think of.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance but I am really new to lifted trucks and off road set ups. I have been trying to read everything on doing a body lift since that is the direction I want to go. My truck is a daily driver on a 30 mile each way ride so I dont really want a suspension lift. The things I have seen that I need to address when doing a body lift are the following correct?

Over heating due to fans now being higher than the Engine: Get electrical Fans set up
Ugly frame and inner wheel wells and other places: Get or make black spacers to cover
Rear bumper to low: Flip brackets upside down to raise it up
That is all the issues I have seen that I can think of.

The fan isnt higher than the engine its attached to the engine so its at the same hieght ugly frame=nfabs wheel wells=gap guards rear bumper idk of the flipping thing works i bought rear bumper brackets any other questions just ask im on here constantly

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im on here constantly

^^^Yes he is.. lol

Yeah ive been pretty hard on my truck and I have no overheating issues on my 3"BL. I made my own gap guards. Mine came with rear bumper brackets :shrug:
BLs are easy and cheap!

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as your cooling system is in good condition, you shouldn't have any issues, if you already have problems, be ready for issues

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

Larue308

Reaction score
You guys thinks it'll look good with a 3inch body lift?
You must be registered for see images attach