The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The bracket isnt long enough or the front body mount sits lower then the rear?

The bolt that hold the bar sits higher on the front bracket than it does on the rear so theres no room to move it up

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone deal with bad rotten areas for the bed mounts? I have one on the front passenger side thats not too good, it sits fine now but im worried when I go to do the lift it will either pull through or collapse at some point. I know the bed is supported in 8 different areas overall so I would think there isn't crazy weight on it, and I dont put heavy loads in so im hoping it should be fine. I really dont want to replace the box. Ill try and get a photo up soon

92gmcsierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone deal with bad rotten areas for the bed mounts? I have one on the front passenger side thats not too good, it sits fine now but im worried when I go to do the lift it will either pull through or collapse at some point. I know the bed is supported in 8 different areas overall so I would think there isn't crazy weight on it, and I dont put heavy loads in so im hoping it should be fine. I really dont want to replace the box. Ill try and get a photo up soon

I have heard of a lot of guys putting a bigger washer on top of the lift puck to spread out the weight put on the block. If someone has a link to where I saw that would be helpful. I can't find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Another good note to add to this thread is to add a metal plate that is the same size or larger then the stock body mount plate to the top of the lift pucks. The body lift block will come up through the floor, if your truck is showing its age. The rear passenger side seems to be the worst area.[/QUOTE]

Something like this but hes talking about the cab, I guess it can go for both cab and bed. He is right though the passenger side is always the worst. It probably has something to do with the road salt here....ughhh the road salt we deal with. Lol you southern guys got it made for mint trucks.

92gmcsierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after you do a 3" body lift are you still able to get to your spare tire under the bed? Or do you have to remove it?

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So after you do a 3" body lift are you still able to get to your spare tire under the bed? Or do you have to remove it?

Most of the time you do a body lift to fit bigger tires, no need to keep the spare if its not the same size as the rest, and the bigger tire probably wont fit in the spare tire location anyway.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
What they said but u can still use it for the stock size the body lift doesnt affect it

92gmcsierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am only gunna run 33s for now and my spare is about the same. I was worried about being about to lower the tire since the hole you have to go through on the bumper will be moved.