the best door speakers>?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huh? Pardon my stupidity, but I'm confused. My door panel looks something like this.
You must be registered for see images

Are you saying there's and extra 3/4" between the inner door skin (not sure if that's what it's called) where the speaker mounts and the outer panel. It didn't seem like there was that much space between the 2. Wouldn't putting that MDF "spacer" in there cause the door panel to bulge out right there?

there's almost an inch between the door panel speaker grill and the door skin where the speakers mount.

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have MB Quart up front. They were in my Rv, then my boat and now my truck for the past 10 years. Don't even know if they still make them. I've had an extra pair since they came out of the boat.

fletch

Reaction score
*Shameless plug* Don't forget about Kicker, we make some nice high end components these days.

QS

and RS

You must be registered for see images attach

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would also recommend trying to seal the door up as much as possible. The critical holes are the ones near the speaker. I sealed every hole I could on mine with sheet metal silicone and rivets but I realized that some of the holes probably didn't make a difference since I couldn't seal that hole that is used to equalize the cabin pressure when the HVAC is turned on. Just try to seal up all the holes within a foot or 2 of the speaker. And you can put the tweeters where the factory tweets were. It's not an ideal location but it looks stock and is still lots better than a coaxial set of speakers.

I used pioneer comps but just read reviews and go to audio stores to listen to the differences.

RWSZ71

Reaction score
*Shameless plug* Don't forget about Kicker, we make some nice high end components these days.

QS

and RS

You must be registered for see images attach

I run the Kickers in my suburban, they sound excellent.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive always ran boston speakers when i blew mine. they've always held up great! just my .02 cents

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have some pics of what it looks like behind the door panel? I have some components I'm thinking about installing and I'm trying gauge how involved the install will be.