the best door speakers>?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok im really itching to get some new door and rear speakers in the 97. i want to do dynamat also to keep it from rattling also. im looking for something that sounds about as good as the bose set up from gm. i have thought about running bose speakers and HU but it looks too complicated/ expensive for what i want to do. i have a good 4 channel amp to use also. any advice on what i should go with? im thinking about JL but dont know. i have some old bose speakers that do sound really good but i want a little more bass without dicking with a sub.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Basically any quality set of component speakers will do the trick. Lots of dynamat and a strong amp will complete the installation. It will cost a lot to set up but will last practically forever.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why thank you sir. so my pioneer componants will pretty much do the trick? they are setting in the garage pile lol. and where does all the dynamat go? i plan on at least the door kit but the speakers by the seat belts really rattle it up! id really like to do my floor with the stuff when i get carpet also.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why thank you sir. so my pioneer componants will pretty much do the trick? they are setting in the garage pile lol. and where does all the dynamat go? i plan on at least the door kit but the speakers by the seat belts really rattle it up! id really like to do my floor with the stuff when i get carpet also.

I would grab a set of these (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_237XT65/XTC-6-1-2-Speaker-Baffles-3-1-4-depth.html?tp=660 ). I put the dyno mat along the center of the larger flat spots. Its a good start and if you notice any other rattles you can apply more. Also make sure all panels are fitting tight and no loose peices which will rattle and drive you nuts and make you add unnessacary dynomat

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Buy the speakers that sound good to you, not what people recommend. It's always better to mount the mibass driver to a wood baffle, rather than metal, if you can.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 3 full layers of matt on the entire floor, back wall and roof and inside the doors (outer and inner skins). Thats about as in depth as you can go. It really makes it quiet with the windows up.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow thanks guys! i have no concern on price i can get them at manufacturing cost actually. i just havnt been in the car aduio world in so long i dont know anymore what the best thing out there is. last i checked jl was ruling the sound quality end of everything but always good to check before you buy!

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Curious as to what Pioneer component set you have.
I just installed a new system in mine (first time I've done one of these types of installations).

AVH-P5750DVD head unit
DEQ-P7650 Multi Channel Processor
CD IB100II - Ipod Adapter module
CD UB100 - USB module
AVG VDP1 - Dynamic Processor

Managed to fit most under the console.Here's a few pic's for 'ideas'.

You must be registered for see images attach

Crispy

Reaction score
Every company has its high and low end models. In your case it will be a little pricey since you dont want a sub. Rockford power series sound great in these trucks, and are near the lower end of the price spectrum. JL Audio C5 speakers are top notch and sound so, but you will pay. You can also look into marine speakers, JL or Rockford, they produce great bass for 6.5" speakers. Of course to get a decent bass response you will essentially need to turn your door into an enclosure by either baffling or sealing it off as much as possible.