Tech: Every possible dash switch for GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it is a cargo light switch. i took the cover off the switch and took a 3 blank i got from the jy then cut it to fit and glued it to the bottom of the cover with plastic glue. then primed and sanded and sprayed with interior paint that was close.
That's what I figured. You did a really good job of it. Had I not found my fog switch, I might have resorted to doing that. Of course, I never would have thought of doing that before I saw your post.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Hey Dave, is the pigtail on the lower right the right one for the aux light switch?

I pulled it out of a police tahoe, it was wired into the same bundle as the headlight switch wires. I found the retainer on the floor, but someone took the switch.

You must be registered for see images attach

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Hey Dave, is the pigtail on the lower right the right one for the aux light switch?

I pulled it out of a police tahoe, it was wired into the same bundle as the headlight switch wires. I found the retainer on the floor, but someone took the switch.

Yup, an AUX light switch is the same as the Cargo Light switch.... pigtails are the same. They are just labeled differently.

Frankp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like some here hit pay dirt with the jy finds. I've only got two good yards to go to and never have any luck finding the bezel with 3 openings. I'm going to mount the fog light switch above the cargo switch if I ever find one. The air bag switch occupies the bottom position. I guess I could always tuck that in behind the dash somewhere and use the bottom for the fog switch.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
in your picture on the bottom how did you get the old style gmc emblem in it
Cutting, gluing, some paint, and a few bolts.

Yup, an AUX light switch is the same as the Cargo Light switch.... pigtails are the same. They are just labeled differently.
Well, that makes a lot of sense doesn't it? :lol:
At least I have the retainer. :D I'll just cut a hole and pop in a cargo switch...or maybe sell it.

Looks like some here hit pay dirt with the jy finds. I've only got two good yards to go to and never have any luck finding the bezel with 3 openings. I'm going to mount the fog light switch above the cargo switch if I ever find one. The air bag switch occupies the bottom position. I guess I could always tuck that in behind the dash somewhere and use the bottom for the fog switch.

I helps to have 5 big yards around here (south FL). 6 million people scrap a lot of cars.

btw, the fog switch doesn't quite fit right on the top, but it can be done.

cowboy99k1500

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to GMT400, I came across your pictures of all your stock switches. I was wondering if you still had them and if you'd be interested on parting with them and the trim pcs. I have been looking for stock switches to power future fog lights and cooling fans.
I have a 1999 k1500 suburban that I need them for. Also have a 93 k1500 I'm trying to sell, if you or anyone know anybody that's wants one, it would make a good work truck or play toy, everything works (A/C, 4x4, motor only has approx. 20k on it.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How rare is the 2wd fog light switch? I have one that goes where the 4x4 switch and a escalade pig tail won't work :(

EastTXYukon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love this thread. Awesome to see what folks can do to to make some really nice stock looking switches!

Here's my setup. I got lucky and found both my switches on Ebay, and my truck already had the pigtails in the dash. The aux light switch runs a set of KC Daylighters in my grill guard.