Tech: Every possible dash switch for GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
As I am paging through here I noticed something. Not all aux switches must be the same. 88GMCtruck's has a light on it while mine does not

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

nobears

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did gm use for a panel when a suburban didn't have an auto track transfer case. I want to swap mine for an NP241 and do away with all of that electronic crap and the switches when I do it so it looks factory

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a blank filler panel, common in most all floor shift trucks, and 98% of 2wd trucks

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

vegasmatt

Reaction score
Sorry for exhuming this old thread from the archives. I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the great info in here!

I have a '95 C3500 6.5 that I want to add driving lights to, while using the factory fog switch (via a relay, of course). This thread really showed me about the different bezel fill/knock-out plates, the different format fog light (and other) switches, etc. It also showcased which pigtails go with which switch.

I've been keeping an eye out at the pick-a-part yard for a fog light switch for a while, but didn't know about the wiring and bezel aspects. This thread and the pics really helped me to know what I needed.

I found the remnants of a vertical fog light switch in an Escalade, someone ripped it apart while ripping the bezel off the dash. I was able to reassemble it, but one of the body clips is broken, so the switch rocker doesn't make good enough contact to work. Damn people... Same yard had an Escalade go on the list this morning. By the time I got there after work, the dash was torn apart and the fog light switch and pigtail were AWOL.

All was not lost, however: After walking around aimlessly for a few minutes, I noticed the also newly arrived '95 GMC Sierra next to the Escalade had an AUX Light switch in the dash! The IP bezel was broken, but the Aux and Cargo light switches were intact, so I bought them both (including the retainer for the Aux switch). I also now have 7 pigtails for the vertical stack Fog Light switch. :D (Anyone want to trade a working vertical fog light switch for 6 of the pigtails? :p )

Once again, thanks for the great info here!

Matt
'95 Chevy C3500 Dually (6.5L TD/4L80/4.10's/Extended cab with leather. Soon to have Cibie H4 headlamps and a W/T grille)

Firesq14

Reaction score
Hello 88 GM,

I know this is an old thread, do you still have any of those switches and would you sell them and the dash mounts for them?

Thanks
Chris
And some pictures :)

I have never had interest in the OEM switches for 88-94, just not many options, and i needed more than I could fit in the OEM spaces. These pictures are of 95-00 switches I collected over the years for my 99 and now are being held on to for a future project.

Left of IP: Aux Lamp; Horizontal stack: 4x4 horizontal, 2wd Fog Light
You must be registered for see images attach

Vertical Stack: Bottom to top: Airbag, Rear AC, 4wd fog, rear hatch, cargo lamp, rear wiper.

Various Horizontal and Vertical filler panels and retainers