Tech: Every possible dash switch for GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know canadian law by any means, but in the US they are required. From what I've researched this switch was installed in all Police package tahoes which was only available to law enforcement - and i bet in canada was fine from that perspective as well. I can see the benefit of turning them off by law enforcement.

Required? Really?

Sent from somewhere in MN

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Urg, aren't.

Sorry. I've tipped back a few tonight.

I was about to say.... they aren't REQUIRED in the US, but just about all car/truck manufacturers install DRLs in their newer vehicles. And at the same time, they aren't required to be turned on, in the US. So by all rights, we in the US (and Alaska, days up nort, but days still 'Mericans) can pull the fuses on our DRL lights and not get pulled over for it.

Cept in California. God knows what ass-backwards law they have about them there. Might as well break off from the rest of the country...

Anyways. While not totally related to DASH switches, I'm currently finishing retro-fitting my door panel switches. Next project is my electronic 4x4 switch. And after that I shall find a damn fog switch and retro that.

And then life will be good. :hat:

Last edited:

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Canada requires them. Mandated on vehicles built since 1990.

They are not required in the US.

Funny thing is, GM was the first manufacturer to start using DRLs in the US. :lol:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I was about to say.... they aren't REQUIRED but just about all car/truck manufacturers install DRLs in their newer vehicles. And at the same time, they aren't required to be turned on. So by all rights, we in the US (and Alaska, days up nort, but days still 'Mericans) can pull the fuses on our DRL lights and not get pulled over for it.

Cept in California. God knows what ass-backwards law they have about them there. Might as well break off from the rest of the country...

Anyways. While not totally related to DASH switches, I'm currently finishing retro-fitting my door panel switches. Next project is my electronic 4x4 switch. And after that I shall find a damn fog switch and retro that.

And then life will be good. :hat:
Hence why I entirely removed them on my 02... They are now parking lights.

Canada requires them. Mandated on vehicles built since 1990.

They are not required in the US.

Funny thing is, GM was the first manufacturer to start using DRLs in the US. :lol:
But, this is police issue only.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah Good Call on the Law Enforcement. If only I could find an old gmt400 police truck to confirm

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well boys, I found the only scrapped 98-00 Yukon Denali in central WI. And I pulled the best parts outta her...
You must be registered for see images attach
"]
You must be registered for see images attach
[/URL]

I got my stinking fog light switch finally! Now I gotta retrofit it...