Tech: Every possible dash switch for GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More then likely one of the switches counterparts connector will fit the DRL switch, may have more or less pins but will most likely fit.

I'm just going to sell once I find a matching pigtail.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is... interesting. Perhaps the rarest of dash switches for a 95-00 GMT400? I like the look, but I can't possibly think of an auxiliary/aftermarket use for it.

I'd still probably throw it in the toolbox though. :secret: lol

Thanks for sharing monstar_est87!

No problem bud... I like 2 keep the masses informed... I even took apart the conversion stuff and took pix of everything... Sunlitcomet had sum interest in it...
In other news my local yard was holding an escalade for over a year... I got there 2 days short or its release fog switch smashed 120 speedo smashed anything u could hope 2 get completely wrecked..! I was pissd... I should check for that fog switch pigtail though...

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found a drl switch today at the bone yard, but some idiot took the pigtail.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

That poor poor fog switch... may God have mercy on its soul. So depressing.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im guessing the DRL switch were US equipped only. Here in Canada DRL's must be on full time and cant be switched.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im guessing the DRL switch were US equipped only. Here in Canada DRL's must be on full time and cant be switched.
Looked into it a bit and couldn't find anything that said law enforcement was excluded from the DRL regulation up in Canada. However, I never found anything that said they weren't.

My best guess would be that they were offered in Canada to law enforcement with the DRL switch. Cops love to sit with the car/truck running in the cold waiting for speeders at night, without any lights on. Plus, in Canada you can have them turned off if the vehicle is in park. This is what I read from Canada's Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations page.

88GMCtruck probably has the answer to this. Damn near has the answer to everything related to factory options and features.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You cant have them switched here as far as I know. Mine come on when the truck turns on

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma

Looked into it a bit and couldn't find anything that said law enforcement was excluded from the DRL regulation up in Canada. However, I never found anything that said they weren't.

My best guess would be that they were offered in Canada to law enforcement with the DRL switch. Cops love to sit with the car/truck running in the cold waiting for speeders at night, without any lights on. Plus, in Canada you can have them turned off if the vehicle is in park. This is what I read from Canada's Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations page.

88GMCtruck probably has the answer to this. Damn near has the answer to everything related to factory options and features.

You cant have them switched here as far as I know. Mine come on when the truck turns on

I don't know canadian law by any means, but in the US they aren't required (thanks Paul!). From what I've researched this switch was installed in all Police package tahoes which was only available to law enforcement - and i bet in canada was fine from that perspective as well. I can see the benefit of turning them off by law enforcement.

Last edited: