TBi to carb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When did i say anything about a 305? I have a 350. I'm currently running a 4.3 that runs like total . Ill be swapping to a 350, not 305. and I know you can adjust the carbs to get better fuel mileage. Not much better.

I wish I already had a stock 350 or 305 in my truck. I wouldn't even be considering swapping.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
na, this 4.3 is junk. it would be a waste of money to super charge it.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
lol just trying to make a funny =(. anyways wasnt trying to hassle you but ive been there done that. dont take the engergy to put in the 305 build something that will serve your purpose alot better. keep the 305 if you want its much better suited for a light car than a truck, or part with it , scrap it whatever. before we scrapped several of my engines we counted how many cubic inches of small blocks we had and we came up with 3600 or something. just trying to get you to get the best bang for your buck.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I would carb it. Properly tuned carbs can get that kind of fuel millage. The thing about the engine, just because it's high horsepower or cammed doesn't mean it'll have bad fuel economy. It's all about matching the engine to the truck. You could put a 4 banger in the truck and you would get worse fuel economy because the engine doesn't have the power the truck needs and it'll be a full fuel capacity most of the time.

Also, I don't know if you've got an auto or a manual, but if you have an auto, check out 88GMCtruck's thread on keeping the stock automatic when using a carb.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
@tyler Again I DONT HAVE A 305. lol, its a 350. The last time i owned a 305 was about 2 years ago.

@horns thats what i was thinkin. and its a 5 speed manual. real men drive 3 pedals lol. jk

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Or a ratchet shift auto if you're at the strip every friday. :rofl:

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
no thank you to the ratchet shift. IMO its more of an annoyance than useful.

Fireshaker

Reaction score
no thank you to the ratchet shift. IMO its more of an annoyance than useful.

That is the truth!

I'm going to start building my 350 this weekend. I have a 4.3L in my truck also. I plan on going with a carb, and tuning it on the dyno at my work.